Do you have a favourite recipe book or website?

What a great article TastyReuben , mahalo, thank you.
I love Chef John and yes, I would recognize his face in a crowd, only because I've 'followed' him for a bit now and you do get glimpses of him from time to time... didn't know his entire back story, only parts of it.

Yes, he’s still getting paid for those.

Gee, do ya' think. I just assumed he gave it all away to allrecipes, and just does all these videos for the fun of it.

The channel has over 4.4 million subscribers as of 2022 and has accumulated over 1 billion views so far. It is able to get an average of 250,000 views per day from different sources. This should generate an estimated revenue of around $2,000 per day ($730,000 a year) from the ads that appear on the videos. Nailbuzz,com

CD

Gee, do ya' think. I just assumed he gave it all away to allrecipes, and just does all these videos for the fun of it.

The channel has over 4.4 million subscribers as of 2022 and has accumulated over 1 billion views so far. It is able to get an average of 250,000 views per day from different sources. This should generate an estimated revenue of around $2,000 per day ($730,000 a year) from the ads that appear on the videos. Nailbuzz,com

CD
How much of that does John get?

How much of that does John get?

If not all of that, he get's most of it. You don't sign a deal with a big company to make less money. Let's just say that chef John is worth millions of dollars. Andrew Rea (Binging with Babish is worth 8 million from his YouTube channel.

CD

Viana La Place "Verdura" and "Pasta Fresca". Madhur Jaffrey´s "A Taste of India" and "Eastern Vegetarian Cooking". Julia Child "The Way to Cook". Armando Scannone " Mi Cocina" (the classic book on Venezuelan cuisine).

I also have "A Taste of India" which has pictures, stories and facts of the regions of India in addition to recipes.

I confess I love cookbooks but don't use them much, I find their format too unpratical to use when I'm cooking.

But if I have a favorite, it has to be this one which is Portugal's culinary bible, with about 1190 pages and over 5000 recipes, most of them traditional from Portugal but some are more international. It has every traditional portuguese recipe and their local variation you can possibly think of.
1665311531363.png

I also like this one a lot, because it only featues affordable recipes and a lot of them are recipes that can be made using leftovers. The author came from a well to do family but like most portuguese people, she lived through a period of near poverty during the portuguese dictatorship, so she had to be creative with food and make the most of every ingredient.
1665311638766.png

But if I have a favorite, it has to be this one which is Portugal's culinary bible, with about 1190 pages and over 5000 recipes, most of them traditional from Portugal but some are more international. It has every traditional portuguese recipe and their local variation you can possibly think of.

I wonder if there is an English translated version of this book. I'd love to have it.

Back
Top Bottom