Do You Have a 'Signature' Recipe?

kitchenwitch

Veteran
Local time
2:29 AM
Mine is one of the first things I learned to cook, chicken pot pie.
Whenever we're going to a potluck or family dinner I bring one, and it's also what I usually serve when someone comes over for a meal.
People always seem to like it and the recipe has never let me down so it's always my backup.
It also freezes well. Whenever one of my friends is going through a rough time I like to make one or two and bring them over to put in their freezer so that so they don't have to worry about dinner.
Does anyone else have a recipe that they're known for?

My signature recipe is the grilled chicken that is marinated in tomato and salt. After at least 30 minutes of marinating, the grilling would take at least 2 hours so the chicken meat would be fully cooked inside out. The skin would be crunchy, that's the best part of it. When we have guests and we have time, expect the grilled chicken to be part of the menu. However, we cannot cook that dish when we have plenty of guests like an occasion because our oven is not the comemrcial type.

My signature recipe is the grilled chicken that is marinated in tomato and salt. After at least 30 minutes of marinating, the grilling would take at least 2 hours so the chicken meat would be fully cooked inside out. The skin would be crunchy, that's the best part of it. When we have guests and we have time, expect the grilled chicken to be part of the menu. However, we cannot cook that dish when we have plenty of guests like an occasion because our oven is not the comemrcial type.
Is it just tomatoes and salt in your marinade? And how long do you marinade it for? May try this!

Mine is probably my Italian meatballs. They were my Nonna's recipe, which I have tweaked a little. My family love to eat them and they're versatile - we use them with pasta, on sub sandwiches, on their own, even served on rice.

Cauliflower curry. Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, this has become the standard dinner for 25th December. It also gets wheeled out with considerable regularity throughout the year.

People put me on the spot a lot with this question,I love taking into consideration my guests tastes if I can,this is when I have my cooks head on not my pro chefs head on ,go to a farmers market or fish market ,good fresh seasonality food for sharing ,so no I don't have a signature dish ,game ,fish ,shell fish ,pulses all cooked with care.......

Mine is my all time favorite spaghetti. It's a little on the Filipino style because I use sugar to make it a little sweeter and lots of black pepper. The sweet and spicy flavor makes my kids like it even more. And of course the hotdog and mushrooms makes it more flavorful. It's a staple in every occassions. My family loves it!

Cauliflower curry. Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, this has become the standard dinner for 25th December. It also gets wheeled out with considerable regularity throughout the year.
Please post your recipe unless its top secret! I'm always on the look out for vegetarian curry recipes (or any curry recipes).

Mine is one of the first things I learned to cook, chicken pot pie.
Whenever we're going to a potluck or family dinner I bring one, and it's also what I usually serve when someone comes over for a meal.
People always seem to like it and the recipe has never let me down so it's always my backup.
It also freezes well. Whenever one of my friends is going through a rough time I like to make one or two and bring them over to put in their freezer so that so they don't have to worry about dinner.
Does anyone else have a recipe that they're known for?

I really don't but my son loves it when I cook ribs. I am always trying new things when I cook so I don't often make the same thing twice. Plus I am sort of impatient so the recipies don't always come out as good as I think they should. I make potato salad alot and customize it to my liking along with pasta salads, but I really wouldin't consider them to be signature dishes.

Please post your recipe unless its top secret! I'm always on the look out for vegetarian curry recipes (or any curry recipes).

There's no secret, but neither is there anything so grandiose as a recipe. Cauliflower (who'd have guessed?) is steamed gently and what else goes in is variable. It's safe to say that there's plenty of garlic and chillis to give it the necessary oomph. I usually use a sweet pepper as well. An onion or two is often involved, though a leek chopped up into little pieces is a nice alternative. Sometimes an aubergine, sometimes a courgette, sometimes green beans. I'm quite happy using curry powder, but a good sprinkling of cloves, cardamons, juniper berries and a bay leaf or two help it along.

I'm not really a recipe person, as you can probably tell. I'm more of a "ooh, let's bung some of that in there" type. Oh, and the Christmas Day one comes with sprouts. I know, curried sprouts are the culinary equivalent of Semtex, but they are really nice.

There's no secret, but neither is there anything so grandiose as a recipe. Cauliflower (who'd have guessed?) is steamed gently and what else goes in is variable. It's safe to say that there's plenty of garlic and chillis to give it the necessary oomph. I usually use a sweet pepper as well. An onion or two is often involved, though a leek chopped up into little pieces is a nice alternative. Sometimes an aubergine, sometimes a courgette, sometimes green beans. I'm quite happy using curry powder, but a good sprinkling of cloves, cardamons, juniper berries and a bay leaf or two help it along.

I'm not really a recipe person, as you can probably tell. I'm more of a "ooh, let's bung some of that in there" type. Oh, and the Christmas Day one comes with sprouts. I know, curried sprouts are the culinary equivalent of Semtex, but they are really nice.

The one thing that leapt out about the description of your curry was the addition of juniper berries. I have to say that I've never come across them in curry before (and I've read a lot of Indian cookbooks). I always associate juniper with British cooking (game casseroles, pate etc). I'm now curious to see how they might work in curry.

Back
Top Bottom