Do You Have Any "Lazy Dessert" Recipes?

ImariFutari

Veteran
Local time
9:29 PM
We all have those days where we want to make dessert, but we don't want to take two hours or so creating a grand masterpiece of deliciousness. Do you have any go-to "lazy dessert" recipes for these types of days?

Share them with a reply! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
My lazy dessert is brownies, I just open a box of brownie mix and make it up real quick, to give the mix a richer taste I use a strong cup of coffee in place of the liquid required in the mix.

Nowadays everything has a ready made mix though... For me, tiramisu is pretty great, but if you wanna go even simpler then breakfast for dessert is a good way to go.

My "lazy dessert" recipe is the Magic Cookie Bars (posted in the Sweets forum under Cookie Bars).
You don't need to lug out your heavy stand mixer, you don't even need a mixing bowl or a spoon! Just layer everything in the baking pan in the order of the ingredients listed.
What could be easier? :wink:

Get a pudding bowel slice up a couple of either chocolate or jam Swiss rolls and line the in side of it,soften some vanilla ice cream and chop up some sweets like Mars bars or malteasers add to ice cream,then put ice cream mix in the bowel ,refreeze and turn out ,squirt over some chocolate sace top with fresh strawberries

I saw a "recipe" online for ice cream cake, which was basically just layers of sponge and ice cream with some frosting on top, lol. Sounds crap, I know, but it LOOKED pretty good

Easy fast dessert that tastes great! I like to make this for picnics because it goes well. You get a container of cool whip, some crushed pineapple and a jar of maraschino cherries and a small can of mandarin oranges, Drain then toss all this in the cool whip and add a box of pistachio pudding. Some people like to include small marshmallows. Place in the refrigerator till needed, and you have a delicious cool dessert that takes minutes to make. I swear it takes longer to go to buy the ingredients. Just don't count on leftovers, it all goes fast.

Dump cakes. They are the laziest desserts known to humankind. I'm actually pretty sure a woman made an entire book about them. Personally, I'm not huge advocate for dessert. I'll take fresh fruit over a pie/cake/pudding any day of the week. My family? Not so much. So, I try to get them to help me incorporate fruits/veggies/nuts into the sweet garbage they so desire.

Back
Top Bottom