Do you like to grill?

I do like grilling. I use a charcoal Weber grill, and prefer to do up a bunch of stuff at once. Whether to serve several - or if just for myself, enough for a few meals. I like roasted veggies, steaks, fish on wood planks, and so forth. Handy to have one around for power outages, too.

Unlike an oven, it makes a reasonable substitute for making tandoori chicken (since I do lack a tandoor).

Next year, I want to get a smoker unit to place on the patio. (The current and presumably regular grill is on my back deck.)

I do like grilling. I use a charcoal Weber grill, and prefer to do up a bunch of stuff at once. Whether to serve several - or if just for myself, enough for a few meals. I like roasted veggies, steaks, fish on wood planks, and so forth. Handy to have one around for power outages, too.

Unlike an oven, it makes a reasonable substitute for making tandoori chicken (since I do lack a tandoor).

Next year, I want to get a smoker unit to place on the patio. (The current and presumably regular grill is on my back deck.)
Have you ever visited this Weber site. It is just loaded with lots of information/photos/recipes/etc. for grillers. tvwbb.com. (sorry, can't post a link)

Have you visited it before?

Many times. Not as much lately, but when I was learning to use my Weber kettle and smoker for low-and-slow BBQ, I did a lot of research there. The Weber "Bullet" in their site name refers to the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, nicknamed the Weber Bullet. I had one, but it was way too big for the small cooks I was doing, but I did learn a lot at that website about how to use it -- and my kettles.

CD

Either one of these four things will give me tender fall-of-the-bone ribs, chicken & what ever else! I've used them all for bbq, since I'm not allowed to cook outside. Including the stove's oven!! :wink:

Last edited:
Many times. Not as much lately, but when I was learning to use my Weber kettle and smoker for low-and-slow BBQ, I did a lot of research there. The Weber "Bullet" in their site name refers to the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, nicknamed the Weber Bullet. I had one, but it was way too big for the small cooks I was doing, but I did learn a lot at that website about how to use it -- and my kettles.

CD
I check the site every day. I have posted over 60 recipes there and once in a while I get a question or two. Most of the recipes I have posted have been ones we have made from their Weber cookbooks by Jamie Purviance. Do you have any of their cookbooks?

I check the site every day. I have posted over 60 recipes there and once in a while I get a question or two. Most of the recipes I have posted have been ones we have made from their Weber cookbooks by Jamie Purviance. Do you have any of their cookbooks?

I don't have any Weber Cookbooks. I have watched a few YouTube videos by Jamie Purviance. As mentioned elsewhere, I don't follow recipes -- I look at them for inspiration, but then do my own thing.

The main thing I got from The Virtual Weber web site was techniques for using Weber grills and smokers. Things like building the best fire, using the vents, and maintaining even temperatures.

CD

I don't have any Weber Cookbooks. I have watched a few YouTube videos by Jamie Purviance. As mentioned elsewhere, I don't follow recipes -- I look at them for inspiration, but then do my own thing.

The main thing I got from The Virtual Weber web site was techniques for using Weber grills and smokers. Things like building the best fire, using the vents, and maintaining even temperatures.

CD
Ha ha, that I leave to DH to do. I do the fun part, pick out the recipes. lol

Absolutely a grilling fan. Have three Weber grills. Will never be without a charcoal grill. Also have a wood smoker

Yeah, I guess you could say I like to grill...

View attachment 31696

LOL. I have pared back that photo was taken, and added a Webber Genesis gas grill for when I just want to grill up some burgers and other foods that don't benefit from a charcoal fire due to the short cooking times.

I love to cook rotisserie chickens on the red Weber with the Cajun Bandit rotisserie kit, and I smoke ribs and pork butts on the Weber Kettle, as well (I don't have the big Weber smoker anymore -- too big for my needs).

I also have a Weber wok kit for my Weber Kettle, too. It gets REALLY hot. I love it for stir fries. My stove top can't come close to the same heat.

CD
You are The Man. Quite a Weber collection

12 of the cookbooks I have are Weber's and 10 are Raichlen's.
Don’t have any of Raichlins books. I’ve got three of the Weber cook books. You can find some good recipes on the Wen site too

I don't have a BBQ - the only ones in my price range seem to be the same height as a certain mutt's snout, so I probably wouldn't have any food left. Any BBQ recipes I fancy are cooked in my rotisserie, although these days it is more a place to put pot plants! I have had food cooked outdoors though - in Greece, where the village had no gas or electricity :D

Back
Top Bottom