Do you like to grill?

I don't have a BBQ - the only ones in my price range seem to be the same height as a certain mutt's snout, so I probably wouldn't have any food left. Any BBQ recipes I fancy are cooked in my rotisserie, although these days it is more a place to put pot plants! I have had food cooked outdoors though - in Greece, where the village had no gas or electricity :D

I know you can get Weber Kettles in the UK. They are pretty reasonable in price, and last forever. It is amazing what you can do with one. I even have a Weber Wok kit for mine, and a rotisserie. It would take a big dog to snatch meat off of one, and if you use the lid when you walk away, the mutt would need an asbestos snout.

I can leave a perfect steak on the table, well within reach of psycho-poodle, and he KNOWS to leave it alone.

CD

I love grilling. I had always made my ribs on a barrel grill. Made them the other day on my 22 in Weber. They were without a doubt the best I have ever made. And I used my dry rub and sauce that I almost always use.

I couldn't cook with Stephen Raichlen. He would drive me nuts. He is obsessed with perfect grill marks, which add nothing to flavor. You get pretty grill marks at Golden Corral. You get a good, even crust a Peter Lugar's (and a Michelin Star). That, and I can't afford to use a brand new cooking grate every time I grill or smoke something. My grates are clean, but discolored from actual repeated use. That's what they look like when you grill in the real world, without sponsors.

Rant off... sorry. :angelic:

CD

Besides his smoke EVERYTHING obsession, i couldn't stand to listen to him talk for very long. He's a male version of Martha Stewart to me and I can't stand her either.

Back
Top Bottom