Do you make your own wine?

ally79

Veteran
Local time
1:23 PM
I have always wanted to try making my own wine at home, but I have never gotten around to it. Has anyone here tried doing it? Would you care to share your recipe?

I always used to, but now we spend most of our time in Spain, it's really not worth it, as wine is so cheap here, and we don't have the space anyway. I was pretty good at it actually - I won several prizes for my wines. I'd recommend before you try anything, you read around the subject thoroughly. Then make up a couple of wine kits to start with, before you progress to making wines from scratch. Modern wine kits are pretty much foolproof, and it will help you get into the procedures.

Wow I never thought people do this. Then again I shouldn't be surprised.

I've never tried it and don't think I ever will, wine is so cheap here and the selection is so great that it wouldn't be worth it to make my own.

I wish I knew how to make my own wine, but I end up just being lazy and go for a bottle of wine under $10 at the grocery store. I have tried infused vodkas lately. You just put lemon peel in the vodka and let it soak for a week. Tasty and cheap.

Back
Top Bottom