Do you single-knot or double-knot your shoelaces? Or, do you do something else?

Do you single-knot or double-knot your shoelaces? Or, do you do something else?

• Single knot

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Double Knot

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Triple Knot or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never tie my shoelaces

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Usually wear slip-on shoes without laces. However, I do have a pair of sneakers where I tied the laces once and just leave them that way.

When I was going into the office more, I’d color-coordinate my shoelaces to my overall outfit, so I’d gotten to where I could rapidly de-lace and re-lace my shoes (using a proper straight bar lacing pattern for dress shoes, not a simple cross pattern) - Jacques Pepin is famous for breaking down and deboning a whole chicken in 30 seconds…I could swap out blue laces for red laces just as quickly! :laugh:

I don't think it had ever occurred to me that people did that!
Here’s an example:

1715826534547.jpeg

I could swap out blue laces for red laces just as quickly! :laugh:
...and a 3rd one, completely in the dark.
When I wore "formal" shoes, my black shoes had black laces, and my brown shoes had brown laces. That was it. I never had green, pink, purple, orange or red shoes!

...and a 3rd one, completely in the dark.
When I wore "formal" shoes, my black shoes had black laces, and my brown shoes had brown laces. That was it. I never had green, pink, purple, orange or red shoes!
But…but…how would you get your feet to “pop?!” :wink:

These were/are mainly for office/weekend wear, to add a little fun. I figured if the highest-paid person in the building could wear bedroom slippers in the office, lowly me could spice up my shoes a little. :laugh:

I wouldn’t wear these to, say, a funeral…unless I were the, um, guest of honor - then I’d insist the undertaker fit me out accordingly! :laugh:

But…but…how would you get your feet to “pop?!
POP?? The only thing I pop is a bottle of champagne :laugh: :laugh:
Clothes have always been functional to me, and I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in "fashion". (Must be my inner hippy).
Having said that, my wife (who if she won a $1,000,000 would spend it all at Fendi, Balenciaga, Ermenegildo Zenga, Versace and Dolce & Gabbana) was quick to notice. She immediately took over buying my clothes, to the extent that (I believe) the only things I've bought over the past 35 years have been T-shirts.
Saves me a problem, although if I really don't like something, it stays on the shelf at home. viz: a Marvel T-shirt with Spiderman on it, and a pair of beige & white sneakers which remind of rappers.

I have to admit to having put yellow laces in my black boots.
This happened because I couldn't find long enough black laces. Initially only white ones.
Then I thought: why not, and I ordered long black, yellow and red ones.

Back
Top Bottom