Do you, still, enjoy cooking?

Local time
9:55 AM
The question I should be asking: Do you enjoy food? Do you take pleasure in nutritionally balanced, interesting, unforgettable food?

When was the last time you ate a matchless succulent Rib-eye doused with garlic butter and coriander? When was the first time you dished the most delicious Borsch into your bowl and stored that distinct ingredient in your memory? That mouth-watering Italian Salad you could kiss the chef for dressing it so invitingly? The kind of dish that best describes to be inventive and delicious?

Tried and tested dishes that have become your passion to want to learn to cook. And treasure the recipes to pass on to your loved ones!

Good question. I have not had a meal in sometime that I would consider rememberable. I haven't really cooked any thing lately that was so good you were sad to see the last bite gone. I have in the past cooked some really great meals but lately I have just been feeding people. Even eating out the food has just been food. Now I have to find something great to make to make up for this great meal I haven't had in some time.

I very much enjoy cooking and baking, but lately I have been uninspired at the planning stages. We are so busy and money has been a bit tight, so I am always trying to figure out something low-cost, healthy, and quick, but with a little variety so we don't end up eating the same thing over and over.

I do. Sometime I had spoken about wanting a break sometimes and ever so often I still do. For the most part though I really enjoy cooking. I would like to get to the planning stage and be consistent. I am still learning in the kitchen and when I get a hold of a new dish that's good I kill it. By that I mean I use it and use it until it has no more like. I cook it until we all get tired of it.
Now when you get into all the stuff outside of your title about nutritionally balanced and unforgettable food, the nutritional bit is work in progress.

Yes it's my hobby ,my job and a pleasure,when I've taken a back seat into the office which is a must to drive the business I get frustrated,I said I wanted to be out of the firing line by 32 and I did but the office and face to face routine was not for me ,
I know they say it's a young mans game but the youngsters find it hard to keep up,
I still find and break new boundaries of food and presentation,and as dietary requests become more common ,we have to adjust our knowledge ,in content

Do I still enjoy cooking? Oh YES!! :D. Every day I try to do something special or something new. Today its going to be Berties' suggestion of Pickled Walnut and Mint Pesto, which I'll serve with roast lamb. Tomorrow its home-made pasta with some kind of saffron sauce (planning in progress). And I'm also baking bread today - a dark rye loaf with black treacle.

I am not a fancy cook, nor a trained one, but I do enjoy it usually, and it doesn't take much for me to pat myself on the back about it. Even simple meals can make me happy. My ex-fiance was very fussy, so I really enjoy having what I enjoy cooking and eating, which is pretty much anything, rather than being restricted to a few dishes that weren't even necessarily my favorites. I even take pleasure in cooking up rice and veggies for the cat food, because they don't complain, and eat it up as if it's a gourmet meal. I have some recipes in my head that I will make when finances improve, but for now, I buy little treat ingredients when I can, and using them makes me happy.

My mouth is now watering thinking about a delicious and juicy rib eye steak doused in garlic butter! The last memorable meal I had was actually on Mother's Day. I had a breakfast burrito that was stuffed with everything but the kitchen sink, and it was covers with a salsa gravy. I bought it at a hole in the wall restaurant and it was that good.

I don't think I have made anything super remembered at home recently due to lack of time. I can come up with some excellent tasting meals when I sit down and really think about it.

Back
Top Bottom