Do you use gloves when cooking?

I always wear a pair of disposable gloves when I'm handling chillies. Just for health and safety reasons really, I've had too many occasions where I've chopped a chilli but still had the heat on my hands, even after washing them. I won't elaborate on this but it's gloves every single time for me from now on.

I have always wondered about the sandwich-makers. Money is filthy stuff and I always take note of whether the servers remove their gloves to take the cash too.

I will only use gloves if I have a cut on my hand. I wash my hands before, during, and after while cooking. I especially was them very well when cooking and handling meat. The reason I use gloves if I have a cut on my hand is because of my own fears. For some reason I think that salmonella or e coli can get into my would and cause me infection. Very scary thought for me. But normally I am very good at washing my hands and cook surfaces that I think gloves are unneeded. Its all up to you.
As for cooking in the work place of course gloves should be used. You are handling other peoples food.

Back
Top Bottom