Does anyone cook a special Christmas breakfast?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
2:54 AM
Because of the focus on dinner, the breakfast I cook on Christmas Day is simple. Usually, I opt for scrambled eggs and a juice. This year, I was thinking of doing something a bit different and surprising everyone with a Christmas morning feast.

Does anyone cook a special Christmas breakfast?

At my home we do not cook on Christmas day at all. We use to eat leftovers from Christmas Eve dinner as we like to just relax and rest on that day.

My husband likes to do a special Christmas breakfast, but it isn't the same thing every year.

He also has "dad-erday" every Saturday with my kids, where they cook eggs and grits and watch cartoons. So silly, but such a big deal.

This year we did french toast, bacon, eggs, and peaches.

Last year I think I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls (which cinnamon rolls are special in themselves), sausage, and eggs.

When we're really on our A-game we like to have mimosas too. This year, neither one of us remembered in time. Hah.

We skip breakfast altogether on Christmas Day, otherwise we wouldn't eat our main meal. I just put out bowls of nibbles such as dried fruits and nuts, in case we get hungry, or anyone else calls in. Years ago, we used to have a full English breakfast, but these days, our appetites don't run to it.

Back
Top Bottom