Does anyone know an easy chocolate fondant recipe?

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
6:25 PM
I know there aren't that many ingredients involved but I'm not keen on putting the mould in and out of the freezer to make a functional lining like in this Gordon Ramsay recipe (BBC). Is there a way to skip that and still remove the fondant easily from the cake tin/mould? In my opinion, microwave oven works well in melting chocolate instead of using a water bath (bain-marie). I'd like to make tiny fondants and mix a sauce from de-skinned orange, caster sugar and vanilla.

I have a recipe here for a pretty foolproof fondant. I think easier than Gordon Ramsay's - but there is no getting away from buttering and dusting the mould. It only takes a few minutes. I've never put the moulds in the freezer. I use the microwave to melt chocolate too.

Recipe - Chocolate Fondants (Molten Lava Cakes)

Microwave works well to melt chocolate, you need to chop it up and put it in a glass bowl together with two tablespoons of milk for every 100 g of product. But I personally prefer to melt it in a bain-marie, always melting it together with butter or milk or even cream. Dissolving it "dry" - that is without adding liquids and directly on the fire, is dangerous because it risks burning both the chocolate and the pot.

Said that, I have this recipe for you, if you want to take a look:

Tenerina – Brownie Cake from Ferrara – MyPinchofItaly.co.uk

Great! Thanks Morning Glory and MypinchofItaly. I'll try to use the search engine more often.

I have a recipe here for a pretty foolproof fondant. I think easier than Gordon Ramsay's - but there is no getting away from buttering and dusting the mould. It only takes a few minutes. I've never put the moulds in the freezer. I use the microwave to melt chocolate too.

Recipe - Chocolate Fondants (Molten Lava Cakes)

View attachment 47211
Looks delicious and mouth-watering :D I'm imagining how the chocolate inside will melt in my mouth.
Recently, I'm learning how to melt chocolate from 5 Easy Ways to Melt Chocolate for Home Bakers.

I can apply it once I make this one. :D

Back
Top Bottom