Dole Pineapple Whip at Disney

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:37 AM
Anybody on here ever had the semi frozen Dole Pineapple Whip? The Dole store at Walt Disney World used to be right after you cross into Adventureland from Main Street, then pretty much right next door was the Enchanted Tiki Room, and around the corner was the entrance to Pirates of the Caribbean. When we used to go to WDW in Orlando when DD was young, we'd often skip breakfast before going to the park in order to get there early and beat the crowds. We'd always stop and get a couple of the whips plus some fresh pineapple for breakfast, then have an early lunch.

For years, there were copycat recipes, but none of them were ever quite right. Just by happenstance, I came across the actual mix for them from Dole today when looking for something else. Debating whether to order because it's a lot of product, though under $30. I'm thinking coconut milk as part of the liquid would make a great drink.

Can you believe it? I have never been to any of the Disney attractions and theme parks in my entire 65 years of breathing.

Can you believe it? I have never been to any of the Disney attractions and theme parks in my entire 65 years of breathing.

Nor me but that is not so surprising given there aren't any in the UK.

I presume Dole is the company that I do know of here as producing tinned pineapple?

Nor me but that is not so surprising given there aren't any in the UK.

I presume Dole is the company that I do know of here as producing tinned pineapple?

Dole products include more than just pineapples. We can probably thank them for the Hawaiian burlap shirts too.

Yes, it's the Dole Pineapple company. Dole Whip is sold at the various Disney Parks and also at other places. There are a bunch of other flavors as well. Some are even vegan, dairy and gluten free. Of course, the mixes are loaded with various long names. It's a soft serve frozen desert product.

As I wrote earlier, you could also buy fresh pineapple, and it was, it tasted like it and I had seen them cutting them up. You could also get the whip on top of a glass of pineapple juice, and they have apparently started using it to make alcoholic drinks in the park properties outside of the Magic Kingdom, which used to be totally "dry," but now serves soft liquor at selected sit down restaurants.

Pic from a Disney fan blog.
2021-05-11 07.26.53.jpg

I've also never been to Disney and have never really understood the near-psychotic devotion some people have for them.

I do know my niece loves that pineapple whip stuff - they apparently sell it at Disneyland in CA, where she is, they have season passes, and they're out there three or four times a month, it seems, and she's always getting that whip.

They do sell Dole soft serve products here. Also, King's Island, the amusement park in this area, had their own specialty whip product for years, I think it was pineapple based, but it was dyed blue. It may have been called Blue Moon, but I'm not sure.

I don't think they sell it any longer, but some local dairy bars sell some version of it, I think.

It looks like pineapple Mr Whippy....so I expect it tastes great :okay:

have never really understood the near-psychotic devotion some people have for them.
I also don't get it :scratchhead:I have some relations who are absolutely mad about anything Disney - they book over a year ahead and every few weeks they'll post on Facebook things along the lines of "Yay! Only XXX days till Disney" and whilst they're there all you hear from them is Disney Disney Disney. I've been to a couple of the Disney parks in Orlando and to Disneyland Paris a few times and I enjoyed them.....though I have to admit I prefer Universal :whistling:

Getting back on topic....I don't actually have any memories of the food at Disney, so my conclusion is that it must have been pretty average! Actually that's not quite true...I was once at a work function at Disneyland Paris and the lunch buffet was absolutely awful - almost inedible.

Now the frozen butterbeer at Universal is a different matter....that was delicious!

I'm not a fanatic about Disney, but I've always enjoyed going there. When DD was young, we'd get Florida resident passes and go about 4 times a year. Only times that were blocked were times we really didn't want to go anyway. They paid for themselves as far as admission cost in 1.25 visits, so we'd just have to pay for hotel and food, and there were always really good hotel deals, so that left just food and there were ways to save money on that too. I got to know the layout enough where I could tell you where every bathroom facility was. LOL.

Once it was open, I preferred EPCOT over the Magic Kingdom simply because it was more geared to adults as far as attractions, but still suitable for children.

As far as food, the sit down restaurant places have always had pretty good food and EPCOT has some really nice dining options. We always made a point to eat in the The Coral Reef restaurant at The Seas pavilion in EPCOT. One whole wall is a giant window into the aquarium. I'd always request a first tier table or front row second tier table when I made reservations. There were several tiers with 2 rows of tables so everyone had an unobstructed view. The patisserie in France's area and the lounge in Japan's area were great places to get a light lunch or snack and to cool off. Mexico's pavilion had some pretty good lunch and dinner options.

Eating in the castle in the Magic Kingdom was always fun and they had pretty good lunch and dinner menus. We'd try to get window side or close to them for dinner so we could watch.the fireworks in the evening. I think they started opening for character breakfasts as well, but DD was too old for that by then. The sit down restaurant in Liberty Square always had good old fashioned food. Got introduced to a Brown Betty there. There was also a great old fashioned ice cream parlor on Main Street.

One place I would really like to go is Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian. Maybe some day.

Oh, TastyReuben , she can order the Dole Whip mix via Amazon. It can be made in a home ice cream maker. Instructions for small amounts are in the reviews and various things people have used besides plain water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom