Donuts.

Yeah, big difference in "donut" I grew up with the cream and jam donut, no yeast, just soft gooey gold. Nothing like your ones. Churros is sold as Mexican donut, I think from memory a recipe I used even called it that. I guess food does get lost in translation.?? I think?? We have dunkin donuts here, but I won't eat those ones. Just not my type of donuts.

Russ

Russ
I did just find a recipe that refers to them as "Mexican stick doughnuts." 🤷🏻‍♂️

The average donut here from a bakery are not yeast. Churros is passed off as Mexican donut....kind of. And cinnamon sugar coated. Just saaaaaaying.

Russ

The pics I've seen of New Zealand doughnuts look like yeast doughnuts. But how about this NZ speciality: - the cheese burger doughnut: Motueka: New Zealand’s small-town doughnut capital

1592554712472.png

If you click the link above and watch the video (I can't post it here), there are other types too - including the Eggs Benedict Doughnut. That rather appeals to me...

The most incredible donut I've ever had was a yeast donut with a maple-sugar glaze, with crumbled bacon on top (Murcan bacon - cured and smoked).

I have always wanted to make donuts at home, but was afraid of the destruction of my kitchen by a mess bomb.

I have a Krispy Kreme and a Dunkin' within walking distance. Both in the same shopping center, just a few hundred feet apart. Go figure.

CD

The doughnut shop in town, when they first opened (third owners since we moved here in 2004), I went in to give them a little support. Husband-and-wife team, and judging from their ages, this was a second career for them.

I got there, and the arrangement seemed to be that hubby was making the doughnuts, and wifey was working the register. No other customers were in there when I showed up.

Doughnuts looked good, and I complimented her on them, and she said, "Mike <husband> says we need more business, and I should go out there and wash the windows or something," and she gave a...sexy?...little wiggle when she said that, meaning that maybe a little cheesecake outside would draw in some people driving by.

I should point out that Jimmy Saville, on his last day on earth, was a better looker than this woman ever was. I was taking a sip of the coffee I'd just ordered and it was all I could do to keep from spitting it all over.

Happy to say, though, they're still in business, they've hired help as they're both in their 70's, and their doughnuts are the best of the three who've owned it in our tenure.

The pics I've seen of New Zealand doughnuts look like yeast doughnuts. But how about this NZ speciality: - the cheese burger doughnut: Motueka: New Zealand’s small-town doughnut capital

View attachment 42061

If you click the link above and watch the video (I can't post it here), there are other types too - including the Eggs Benedict Doughnut. That rather appeals to me...

Motueka the hippy town of New Zealand, we holiday in Nelson at Xmas, a 25 min drive to motueka. Always hippies in bare feet. I like them. I will have a look when I'm there.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom