Dream kitchen gadget?

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
1:51 PM
We all have kitchen gadgets that we love and could not live without, but what is one gadget you do not have and would love to own someday? For me, it would be one of those built in deep fryers with the metal basket. I have a small Fry Daddy at home, but it is not the same as having a real deep fryer. When I buy my own house eventually I am going to make sure I install one. The fried food just tastes so much better when it comes out of a real deep fryer.

I would love to have a kitchen aid mixer, but given the amount of counter space I have in my apartment, I really would spend more time being annoyed that there was not enough room to dish up dinner than I would actually using it, even if I used it more than once a week. I have admired quite a few gadgets, but given limited space, reality is I would not want to have to deal with them. I even declined a coffee maker because of space and just do the "cowboy coffee" thing every morning in a saucepan. It's easier to clean up that way too.

I would love to have a grill so that I could grill my fish and chicken at times. I have heard that grilling is healthier. I mostly fry my fish, but I know that grilled fish usually has a softer texture than fried fish, apart from the health benefits. This would help me to cut back on the amount of oil I use with the frying. The stove I have now did not come with a grill, so I would need to buy one separately. I do need a toaster oven also, since the last one I had stopped working, but I am mostly leaning towards a grill at this time.

In my current house, my dream kitchen gadget is ironically an oven. yep, an oven. The house we rent does not have one, so with the house being small and the kitchen really small, seriously small, we purchased a combo microwave cooker which does the job more or less, usually less, so I would love a proper oven (or even a grill UK style that is, we don't have one of those either!)

I would someday, love to have a stove that has a self-cleaning oven!!

It has been my life-long dream from Day One!! :wink::eek:
I would much rather have a self cleaning kitchen if we are dreaming.
Otherwise I love your idea but I have never seen a gas one.

I have a self cleaning oven at work £8,000 worth ,pop some tablets/ cleaning agent in it and leave for a cycle and it's like new,and I mean proper clean

I have a self cleaning oven at work £8,000 worth ,pop some tablets/ cleaning agent in it and leave for a cycle and it's like new,and I mean proper clean
Oh wow! I want one. On the other hand I pay £40 to a professional oven cleaning service when it gets grimed up. So I think that comes in cheaper! Its my most hated job!

Back
Top Bottom