Drink pairing with pancakes

dablak

Über Member
Local time
7:29 PM
Hi, as today is pancake day, we're preparing pancakes and crepes for dinner. Savoury and sweet.

I'm not sure of what type of drink to have with the pancakes. I was thinking about something that can go well with savoury and sweet. Is it sparkling wine, like prosecco, something that could pair well in this case?

Thanks

Hi there @dablak. Welcome. Pancake day? I am not a pancake girl but hopefully someone will be along to help you out. Just dropping by to say :welcome::welcome::welcome:.

Hi, as today is pancake day, we're preparing pancakes and crepes for dinner. Savoury and sweet.

I'm not sure of what type of drink to have with the pancakes. I was thinking about something that can go well with savoury and sweet. Is it sparkling wine, like prosecco, something that could pair well in this case?

Thanks

First of all, welcome to the forum. Yes, today is pancake day and I did my set of pancakes this morning. Whenever I have pancakes, I usually have them with a hot beverage as a breakfast meal. I do not remember ever eating pancakes later on in the day, like for lunch or dinner. So, for me, they pair well with tea, coffee or a chocolate drink.

Whenever I have pancakes, I usually have them with a hot beverage as a breakfast meal. I do not remember ever eating pancakes later on in the day, like for lunch or dinner.
I'd guess that you're talking about American style pancakes? I couldn't imagine having our style of pancake for breakfast.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/honest-cooking/shrove-tuesday_b_1285096.html

Dablak....I'd go for something that complements whatever you're having with the pancakes. Eg. I've done pancake canelloni before - a nice red wine goes well with that.
Though I do like your idea of Prosecco......Prosecco goes with everything :drink:

I have a pancake mix I bought a while ago, but I honestly don't know what to do with it. I actually have to Google Prosecco ( an Italian white wine?) and have a look at the pancake story from scratch. I had a quick look at the link @MrsDangermouse posted and what I see there looks like a Pita or even a Roti skin.

Hi there. By now you would have had your meal, so what did you decide to have with it? I forgot it was pancake day yesterday so I didn't have any. I think they would be nice paired up with some red wine. :)

I have a pancake mix I bought a while ago, but I honestly don't know what to do with it. I actually have to Google Prosecco ( an Italian white wine?) and have a look at the pancake story from scratch. I had a quick look at the link @MrsDangermouse posted and what I see there looks like a Pita or even a Roti skin.
Yes Prosecco is an Italian wine - most usually seen in it's sparking form, and very popular as an alternative to Champagne.
Pita and roti are breads, whereas pancake batter is basically the same recipe as Yorkshire Pudding. If I had to make comparisons, I'd say that British pancakes are more similar to French crepes than to American style buttermilk pancakes, except that crepes are thinner and dryer than our pancakes.

Yes Prosecco is an Italian wine - most usually seen in it's sparking form, and very popular as an alternative to Champagne.
Pita and roti are breads, whereas pancake batter is basically the same recipe as Yorkshire Pudding. If I had to make comparisons, I'd say that British pancakes are more similar to French crepes than to American style buttermilk pancakes, except that crepes are thinner and dryer than our pancakes.
Thanks for the insight. Pancakes are kind of foreign to me. I took a look at a few British recipes for both pancakes and the Yorkshire pudding. The wine is also not my department but this one being a white one would probably be something I would enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom