Dripping and grease

…and I’d be lying if I said I’ve never seen her sneak a spoonful from the bacon grease can. :laugh:

I've been making toasted peanut butter and bacon sandwiches since the Jurassic period.
I love BLTs, but I don't like peanut butter. My FIL likes bacon and peanut butter sandwiches, but he doesn't smear bacon fat on them!
…and I’d be lying if I said I’ve never seen her sneak a spoonful from the bacon grease can. :laugh:
That's hard for me to wrap my head around!

You could make bacon mayonnaise. Eww lol.
Haha, I do. lately it's been a brown butter mayo but bacon fat works just as well and of course warmed up so it can be used to make mayo, although when using either butter of bacon fat it's important to understand that if used exclusively the mayo will go solid and not spreadable, so therefore I use a ratio of 1:1 of an unsaturated fat, and I pretty much use avocado oil exclusively for that. EVOO will go a bit opaque when put in the fridge and EVOO has about 25% saturated fat, so 1:1 is a no brainer and still retains very good flavours

Haha, I do. lately it's been a brown butter mayo but bacon fat works just as well and of course warmed up so it can be used to make mayo, although when using either butter of bacon fat it's important to understand that if used exclusively the mayo will go solid and not spreadable, so therefore I use a ratio of 1:1 of an unsaturated fat, and I pretty much use avocado oil exclusively for that. EVOO will go a bit opaque when put in the fridge and EVOO has about 25% saturated fat, so 1:1 is a no brainer.
Well that's interesting. Yes of course it would go completely solid. But I think it might have a horrible mouthfeel anyway.

I'm thinking I knew someone who used butter as a condiment for sandwiches. Can't think of who though, someone from my long ago past I guess.

Last edited:
Baking some bacon:

Last edited:
Done. The bacon came out quite dry and crisp, very good. The rendered fat liquid is fairly clear.

Last edited:
That looks a little too dry and crisp for me. I like just a little chew.

CD
I am not a fan of chewy bacon, especially for what I'm doing with this. It's going to be crumbled on top of salads with seared chicken chunks then drizzled with salad dressing. I need crunch. If I were eating it with eggs as a side it would be different.

Back
Top Bottom