Dry January

:thumbsup: let's do it
Now wait a minute...when I said "work with me," I just meant that you should work with me to come up with a time to go dry, not that I was doing it as well (although I am down to nearly no alcohol).

Let's not go crazy here. :laugh:

I failed :( all the stress and worry then loss of dad, I have taken to the medicinal aid.
You didn't fail. You just had a minor detour. Please don't beat yourself up.

Again, I am so sorry about your loss. I wish I could take the pain away for you.

I like red wine. How about we make a plan and do it together? Would that help you?

Gentle hugs. :hug:

You didn't fail. You just had a minor detour. Please don't beat yourself up.

Again, I am so sorry about your loss. I wish I could take the pain away for you.

I like red wine. How about we make a plan and do it together? Would that help you?

Gentle hugs. :hug:

This isn't just about alcohol it is also about losing weight and feeling better in ourselves, physically and mentally.

Shall we try for a clear March? February isn't good for me :hug:

Reactions: mjd
This isn't just about alcohol it is also about losing weight and feeling better in ourselves, physically and mentally.

Shall we try for a clear March? February isn't good for me :hug:
Same here.

Sure, March would be fine. Do you want to do it via PM or we can start a new thread around that time for anybody that wants to join in?

I'm looking forward to it.

Same here.

Sure, March would be fine. Do you want to do it via PM or we can start a new thread around that time for anybody that wants to join in?

I'm looking forward to it.

A new thread for March could be good - we need a snappy title...

The 5th of this month will be the 7 month mark for me since my last adult beverage. I'll normally do a 100 day break a year to let the live stop it's quiver. In my work, socializing and drinking are pretty ubiquitous but due to COVID, that's not been happening so it's made this extended break a bit easier as there's not been much temptation. That said, I lost my mum back in June and I got pretty deep into the vodka bottle so decided it may be best to cut myself off for a bit, get my head straight and be present for the dealings that would come.

Not saying I'm not gonna drink again, but finally at a point where I'm not really missing it either. The weight loss has been an added benefit and the financial savings of not being out at the local 4 or 5 nights a week has been great. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

The 5th of this month will be the 7 month mark for me since my last adult beverage. I'll normally do a 100 day break a year to let the live stop it's quiver. In my work, socializing and drinking are pretty ubiquitous but due to COVID, that's not been happening so it's made this extended break a bit easier as there's not been much temptation. That said, I lost my mum back in June and I got pretty deep into the vodka bottle so decided it may be best to cut myself off for a bit, get my head straight and be present for the dealings that would come.

Not saying I'm not gonna drink again, but finally at a point where I'm not really missing it either. The weight loss has been an added benefit and the financial savings of not being out at the local 4 or 5 nights a week has been great. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Congrats! 20 years, I stopped drinking any booze for a period of one year (health) and found that it wasn't that hard to stop and that it did contribute mightily to weight loss.

Once I did start drinking again, it was at a much-reduced level, maybe six or seven drinks spread out over a weekend. I did, earlier in 2020, notice that it was creeping up a bit, and I had some other health issues to tend to, so since August, I'm generally within 1-2 drinks a week. This past week, for example, was one beer (two halves, split with my wife).

I'm also sorry about your mom's passing. That'll do it if anything will. You're making her proud, though. :thumbsup:

I am not having any more "dry months". I had one in the 80s and one in 1990!

Abstinence should be realistic.

Yes. It shouldn't be some arbitrary month. I had to give up drinking -- or die a lot earlier than I want to. Even with that, I have days where I "fall off the wagon." Doctors and AA cult members would tell me I have failed, and doom is coming for me. What I say is, "Well, I probably shouldn't have done THAT." If you believe you have a problem, deal with it. Otherwise, don't fret it. You could give up drinking for a month and get hit by a bus on the last day of the month.

CD

Back
Top Bottom