Recipe Dukkah salmon

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
1:40 AM
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from a Finnish online magazine. I altered it to my taste. This version is cooked on the stove instead of the oven.

Photo and inspiration credits: https://yhteishyva.fi/reseptit/dukkah-lohi-ja-uunikasvikset/recipe-23794

Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients
:

1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
0,5 teaspoon ginger powder
0,5 teaspoon dried chili
0,5 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon curry powder (with fenugreek)
0,5 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried onion
1 teaspoon dried bell pepper (paprika; not smoked)
0,5 teaspoon dried garlic or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
0,5 teaspoon lemon zest
0,5 teaspoon dried mint
2 teaspoons salt
0,5 dl crushed almonds
0,5 dl crushed hazelnuts
0,5 dl crushed pecan nuts
---
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
---
2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or e.v. olive oil
---
800 g fresh salmon fillets or medallions (put a large piece of non-skinned salmon fillet on the table skin side up and turn the skin inwards to form siamese twin fillets)

Work steps and serving:

Mix the spices, lemon zest and crushed almonds and nuts and fry them on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add the sesame seeds and syrup and fry for a minute more. Transfer the dukkah mixture to a plate. Turn the salmon pieces over in the mixture. Fry the salmon on the frying pan on medium heat; 2-3 minutes per side. Add the rest of the dukkah and serve with lightly seasoned grilled vegetables and tzatziki.

We eat this a lot as Norwegian salmon is cheap in Finland. I like to brown the nuts and almonds until they are nearly charred. The possible dukkah mixture leftovers go well on top of tuna salad or prawns the next day.

This recipe was inspired by a recipe from a Finnish online magazine. I altered it to my taste. This version is cooked on the stove instead of the oven.

View attachment 46820
Photo and inspiration credits: https://yhteishyva.fi/reseptit/dukkah-lohi-ja-uunikasvikset/recipe-23794

Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients
:

1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
0,5 teaspoon ginger powder
0,5 teaspoon dried chili
0,5 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon curry powder (with fenugreek)
0,5 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried onion
1 teaspoon dried bell pepper (paprika; not smoked)
0,5 teaspoon dried garlic or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
0,5 teaspoon lemon zest
0,5 teaspoon dried mint
2 teaspoons salt
0,5 dl crushed almonds
0,5 dl crushed hazelnuts
0,5 dl crushed pecan nuts
---
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
---
2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or e.v. olive oil
---
800 g fresh salmon fillets or medallions (put a large piece of non-skinned salmon fillet on the table skin side up and turn the skin inwards to form siamese twin fillets)

Work steps and serving:

Mix the spices, lemon zest and crushed almonds and nuts and fry them on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add the sesame seeds and syrup and fry for a minute more. Transfer the dukkah mixture to a plate. Turn the salmon pieces over in the mixture. Fry the salmon on the frying pan on medium heat; 2-3 minutes per side. Add the rest of the dukkah and serve with lightly seasoned grilled vegetables and tzatziki.

We eat this a lot as Norwegian salmon is cheap in Finland. I like to brown the nuts and almonds until they are nearly charred. The possible dukkah mixture leftovers go well on top of tuna salad or prawns the next day.

It looks very pretty. This recipe contains almonds so you could enter our current Recipe Challenge if you wanted: The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Almonds

Back
Top Bottom