Easy Homemade Ranch

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
9:24 PM
I only make homemade ranch. The bottled versions don't even taste good to me any more. My family loves fresh Ranch dressing. Combine 2 parts sour cream to one part mayonnaise and whisk until smooth. Add Nature's Seasoning, dill weed, a dash of garlic salt with parsley added, and seasoned salt. Mix well. Chill before serving.

I've never had homemade ranch dressing, only store bought. The above recipe doesn't sound hard to make. Does it matter how long it sets in the refrigerator before you eat or is it one of those recipes where the longer it stays refrigerated, the better it tastes? I'm tempted to make some as my daughter is a ranch dressing fanatic.

It is really easy. Just be warned, once you make it, you won't be able to go back. :wink: I wish I had more accurate measurements to offer but sometimes I make a little or a lot (so make it to your taste).

It does taste better if you let it chill like overnight before serving, but it doesn't last super long due to the fresh sour cream. I stick to the expiration date on the sour cream for reference.

I don't often home-make my ranch dressing but I will thicken it using a few tablespoons of mayonnaise and sometimes just a bit of sour cream if I want to use it in a more substance-filled salad; like one that calls for a large amount of cucumbers or sliced/cherry tomatoes. As the poster above this also commented, when using sour cream at least, it's best chilled overnight.

Back
Top Bottom