Easy to Husk Microwave Corn

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
11:16 AM
My husband found this on Pinterest and I tried it just to see how easily it would work. I was amazed at how easy it was to get the silk off of the corn after using this technique. I know that some people do not like to microwave their foods but if you are in a hurry this technique works well for corn on the cob.

Remove any outer dirty husks from the corn (not all of the husk) and cut the bottom of the corn off. Place a damp paper towel in the microwave. Put the corn on top of the paper towel and cook.

1 ear - 2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes

After it is finished cooking let it stand for 2 minutes. Take the corn by the top where the silk is at and squeeze the corn out of the bottom. There will hardly be any silk left on the corn after cooking it in this manner. If you let the corn sit longer than 2 minutes it makes it more difficult to get the silk off easily.

Here is the original link.
http://www.holmfamilycookbook.com/apps/blog/show/15501931-the-magic-corn-trick

Thanks so much for this recipe Shellyann, I have been wondering how I could go about cooking some corn in the microwave this weekend and this is it! Can't wait to try it!

@firelily99 You are welcome it is so easy to do and quick. The husks come right off along with the silk. I must admit that if we can grill the corn I prefer it grilled but on those rainy days this is perfect for our family.

Back
Top Bottom