Eat up your grains!

Local time
8:47 AM
Website
www.helium.com
Following on from Shaun's post about quinoa, I was looking around for ways to cook it and I came across this blog post about making the most of grains. There are some good recipes for all sorts of grains, and I'm tempted to try some of them out.

Do you have a favourite way with grains to share?

Where I live, rice is a staple for almost all meals of the day. I recently changed from white / long grain to brown rice. It has a higher fiber content and you feel fuller for a longer period of time. It's great for fitness buffs or those trying to lower their cholesterol levels. Rice is perfect for almost all dishes, but especially Asian/Mediterranean ones.

That's the great thing about rice; there are several types of grains to choose from, and there is always a different recipe for each one.

Even cooking rice the way you actually do is totally different if you use brown rice, as in example.

I love rice because of its versatility for meals, desserts, and even in bakery.

That's the great thing about rice; there are several types of grains to choose from, and there is always a different recipe for each one.

Even cooking rice the way you actually do is totally different if you use brown rice, as in example.

I love rice because of its versatility for meals, desserts, and even in bakery.

I agree! Rice can be used in so many different ways! I love to use it as a bed for vegetables. I also like that it is very filling! It goes great with so many different dishes, plus it is very inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom