Eating out of regular time

Local time
8:33 PM
Most of us tend to eat our meals around the same time each day. At least, this is what I do, except for the odd time when it is inconvenient to do so. I have heard some friends of mine say that if they eat out of time, or stay hungry for too long, they would experience things like headaches, stomach aches or gas. Where I am concerned, breakfast is the one meal that I like to have around a certain time each morning. If I eat lunch later than usual, that does not bother me. The same applies to supper. I can vary the time for these 2 meals, although I would more often than not, have them around the same time each day.

Do you have a regular time for eating each meal, and does it affect you in any way if you divert from these times?.

I do find that if I do not eat something but 10am my stomach will swell up with gas making me uncomfortable for the rest of the day. I try to drink coffee or tea as soon as I get up and have a bowl of cereal or some fruit as soon as I can. The rest of the day I eat when I get hungry.

I'm the same. I usually eat breakfast around the same time, which is earlier than it was for a long time. Once that's out of the way, and I get immersed in my daily tasks, I sometimes forget about lunch until mid-afternoon, which often also pushes dinner later.

I start to lose focus if I do not get breakfast in the morning. Even if it is just a light breakfast, I need to eat or I get grouchy and can't concentrate on anything. I have really never noticed if I get gas issues as a result of not eating on time though.

Work days I eat less than days off and my timings are completely different,and depends how far I am riding ,yesterday rode 50 miles on a yum yum and a doughnut and two slices of toast and a coffee ,but I do wat when I'm hungry if I can not to a time

My husband has an acidic stomach since a long time ago so he is a stickler for eating time. For breakfast at home, it is 7 am, for lunch it is 12 high noon and dinner is at 7:30 pm. Snack time depends on your stomach. But outside the home, especially in the mall, eating time is different, it always depends on the activity. Like when we watch a movie, we eat dinner late and for shopping, we eat earler so my husband would not get bored while I was checking the items in the stores.

For me it really depends on the day. I try to listen to my body and just eat when I am hungry, but of course our daily routines don't always dictate that. Sometimes I try and pre-empt my hunger and eat before I have to go and run errands if I know I won't be able to get a bite to eat on the go. Other times, I am out and about and forget to eat and miss a meal.

I don't do so great though when I'm hungry, so I try to ensure I eat at regular intervals (or at least have some sort of snacks packed!)

Before I had no regular eating time that is why I am not feeling good all the time during those days. That is why I decided to changed my eating time schedule...I eat early my breakfast at 6 am in the morning...Then I am having my morning snack at 9 am...Lunch time is at 12 noon...Afternoon snack is at 3 pm and dinner time at 6 pm...I eat five times a day but in small proportion only. These eating pattern works out fine for me up to the present.

I eat at random moments in the day. Small meals and snacks to get me through so I don't really lunch. My major food intake is dinner that's when I cook up something good but usually in the mornings I just drink coffee and hope I'm not late for work. LOL

Yes I do have a regular time of eating and if I don't eat on time I get headaches. I don't know how it happens, it usually occurs during lunch, if I skip that then I would have to prepare a pain reliever. And also if I don't eat on time I get so hungry that if I get the chance to eat later, I tend to eat a lot. So skipping meals for me is not good. It's always nice to eat on time.

Sometimes my life is so upside down I could go the day without eating. Around three in the afternoon the headache or stomach ache would start to remind me I am doing my body an injustice. Those days when I have been terribly unkind to myself I end up eating way too late with serious repercussions. I've been trying to get a handle on things though because it's not to way to treat your body and this gift of life. I'm a eat right advocate, but sometimes I end up eating all wrong. I've come a long way, but I still have some distance to go.

Since I work 5 days a week the same shift I tend to eat at the same times throughout the week but on
weekends I just eat whenever I get hungry. Through the week I have my breakfast at 7:00 am, my
lunch at 12 noon and my dinner somewhere between 5:30-6. Throughout the weekend it varies.
Breakfast is whenever I get up. We usually don't have lunch and then dinner it later in the evening.

Sometimes my life is so upside down I could go the day without eating. Around three in the afternoon the headache or stomach ache would start to remind me I am doing my body an injustice. Those days when I have been terribly unkind to myself I end up eating way too late with serious repercussions. I've been trying to get a handle on things though because it's not to way to treat your body and this gift of life. I'm a eat right advocate, but sometimes I end up eating all wrong. I've come a long way, but I still have some distance to go.

Your routine was like my husband's routine when he was a computer programmer. There was no home computer yet so he works overtime in the office when there is a problem with the software, mostly rush jobs. Sometimes he would eat breakfast at 10 am and his next meal would be at night. He would doze off on his office table and would wake up with a growling stomach at dawn. He was on that routine maybe 2 or 3 times a month, working for 3 straight days and nights. And what did he get? An acidic stomach that graduated into acid reflux.

Before children my husband and I would eat meals at all different depending on various things like when we got up and what we doing that day. Then we had our first son and we started having more routine in our lives. With our kids now in school it's the same routine five days a week. Breakfast is always at the same time and so is dinner unless the kids have extra curricular activities. We always eat supper as a family and I do my best to make it a home cooked meal. My husband too get acid reflux if he eats late at night so we are careful not to have too many late night snacks after the kids have gone to bed.

Your routine was like my husband's routine when he was a computer programmer. There was no home computer yet so he works overtime in the office when there is a problem with the software, mostly rush jobs. Sometimes he would eat breakfast at 10 am and his next meal would be at night. He would doze off on his office table and would wake up with a growling stomach at dawn. He was on that routine maybe 2 or 3 times a month, working for 3 straight days and nights. And what did he get? An acidic stomach that graduated into acid reflux.
:ohmy:. I get :mad: at myself for knowing what's the right thing to do and not doing it, but I am trying to improve. I have had some stomach issues in the past and always worry I might get more in the future. My issues are only work related some of the times, other times I am get so stressed my eating cycle gets all messed. Sometimes it's laughter and not food that keeps me alive but I am guessing you need a good balance.

Back
Top Bottom