Egg-Free recipes.

rubymusic1

Veteran
Local time
5:47 PM
Sometimes, when I'm out of eggs, I'll try and find egg-free recipes for some of my favourite foods which normally require eggs.

I'm not allergic or on any dairy-free diets, but I reckon this thread would also help out many others with special diets.

So anything goes, from cookies, to brownies, to pancakes, etc!

I am sure there are egg free recipes out there as some people are allergic to eggs. However, some of the recipes that don't call for eggs probably at least call for egg subsititute. I would think so anyway. It is just one of the things that people seem to need when they are eating.

Date Loaf Cake.jpg

Recipe - Date Loaf Cake

Last edited by a moderator:
There were a few years in my life when I could not eat eggs and always searched for eggs-less recipes.

It turned out that you can do most things without eggs, but my favourite substitutes were bananas and avocados. Also you can buy various egg substitute powders in bio-shops especially made for vegans. Happily my intensities were working nicely again after a while and I could go back to delicious eggs.

I am sure there are egg free recipes out there as some people are allergic to eggs. However, some of the recipes that don't call for eggs probably at least call for egg subsititute. I would think so anyway. It is just one of the things that people seem to need when they are eating.

Yes, our body actually needs it but most of them time the recipe only calls for it to add thickness or have something to pull together the meal with enzymes. So there are several substitutes out there.

That date loaf cake sounds great!

I've heard of people using banana as an egg substitute, but I'm yet to try it. There are some recipes, such as pancakes, where I've just left the egg out and they've still turned out fine, just not as crispy as I'd probably like. I think that may have been down to me not using enough oil though...

Yes, I have occassionally been out of eggs, and made dishes without them. I mean an eggs function in a recipe is just as a binder anyway for the most part. Unless, you are making pancakes and need to use it as a thickening agent it could be omitted safely from most recipes I think. It is not usually totally necessary to use them. However, most people have them so I think that is why they are used.

Back
Top Bottom