Eggs Scrambled With Milk For Upset Stomach

Sherry

Veteran
Local time
8:58 PM
When I get an upset stomach I usually like dry saltines or saltines with a little peanut butter to help settle it. My husband, however, always asks me to scramble him some eggs and milk together in a little butter. He's the only one I've ever known who did this, but it seems to work for him.
My dad, as I remember, said his mother always made him scrambled eggs when he got fever blisters. There were thirteen kids in his family and they had very little money, so eggs weren't something they had on their table as a rule. Eggs his mother bought only to bake with. Dad loved eggs, so I guess fever blisters were kind of a blessing to him.

I've never heard of eggs being good for an upset stomach, I guess you learn something new everyday! It seems like the last thing I'd want to eat if |I had a stomach ache. Usually I'll have fresh ginger tea or maybe an apple if I'm not feeling well.

I've never heard of eggs being good for an upset stomach, I guess you learn something new everyday! It seems like the last thing I'd want to eat if |I had a stomach ache. Usually I'll have fresh ginger tea or maybe an apple if I'm not feeling well.

Doesn't sound all that appetizing to me, either, for an upset stomach; but that's what his mom used to fix for him when he was a child. And I guess that's what he thinks he's supposed to eat when he's not feeling well so it works for him. I have a friend who is a nurse and she swears by dry McDonald's cheeseburgers--no pickle, ketchup or mustard and only McDonald's. I don't know. I'll stick with my crackers, but I imagine your ginger tea works very well, too, as ginger is at least known for it.

Eggs are a great source of protein and easy to digest, plus they are soft and easy to swallow, so this comes as no surprise to me. Duck eggs are marginally better than hens eggs in this sense because they are slightly more nutritious.

Just search on "eggs easy to digest" and you will find loads of hits. Yoghurt is another one, though I prefer custard over yoghurt.

I don't know that eggs scrambled with milk is good for upset stomach. What I am doing if I have stomach upset is I just don't eat and let my stomach rest for hours and I just drink herbal tea to sooth stomach ache.

It's hard boiled eggs for me with an upset stomach as they are easy to eat and to digest. On mountain treks, it's a well know method to help with upset stomachs as you can carry hard boiled eggs with you.

Most people have a favorite food that psychologically settles their stomach and makes them feel better. Personally I would have an omelet, because I steer clear of dairy like milk or butter when I have an upset tummy.

It's hard boiled eggs for me with an upset stomach as they are easy to eat and to digest. On mountain treks, it's a well know method to help with upset stomachs as you can carry hard boiled eggs with you.

Most people have a favorite food that psychologically settles their stomach and makes them feel better. Personally I would have an omelet, because I steer clear of dairy like milk or butter when I have an upset tummy.

I agree with what you and SatNav have to say about eggs being easy to digest; but I think what you suggest about people having foods that psychologically settle their stomachs makes a lot of sense, too; because, psychologically I believe, eggs would have the opposite effect on me.

Back
Top Bottom