eggshells

wahmed

Veteran
Local time
8:49 PM
This is a bakers biggest fear. Once you get eggshells in the egg its impossoble to get out. Wet your finger and put it in the bowl. The shell will automatically get to your finger like a magnet.

I use a large piece of shell to pick up the smaller piece, I would always crack a egg in a container first before adding to mix ,
A lot of commercial bakers use pasteurised eggs in packets to avoid the egg shell contamination problem

I have had the problem of getting a piece of eggshell into my egg on a few occasions, after cracking the egg into the pan. I have tried different methods of getting it out, one of which is using a knife. However, these methods would sometimes prove futile, or otherwise challenging. I am glad to hear that there is a better way of getting rid of the eggshells, so next time I will try this method.

I am the worst at getting egg shell in the egg and I normally just take a spoon to dig it out. I scoop out a bunch of the egg and then pull the egg shell out once it is in the spoon. I will give the wet finger method a try next time it happens to me. It is for this reason that I normally crack the egg into another bowl and then add it to what I am baking after I make sure there are not left over shells.

This is a bakers biggest fear. Once you get eggshells in the egg its impossoble to get out. Wet your finger and put it in the bowl. The shell will automatically get to your finger like a magnet.

I can confirm that this works! It's one of those old wives tips and I haven't got a clue why it works - all I can tell you is that it does!

There has to be a better way than trying to fish it out. Maybe avoiding it all together with a better break on the egg so as to not get any shell in the mix?

Back
Top Bottom