Electric kettles across the world

We've just been kettled!
Curious question. You guys in the US have different kettles to us Brits, isn't that right? I mean, a kettle to me is this:
1715477474719.png

And yet I've seen some recipes which say things like "put the chicken in the kettle and add the seasoning...". And then we've got Kettle Chips. You mean you boil them??
Am I losing it, or is there a different item there somewhere?

We've just been kettled!
Curious question. You guys in the US have different kettles to us Brits, isn't that right? I mean, a kettle to me is this:
View attachment 113464
And yet I've seen some recipes which say things like "put the chicken in the kettle and add the seasoning...". And then we've got Kettle Chips. You mean you boil them??
I think of your photo when I think of a stovetop kettle, but I think it might be an old term for a cooking pot in rural areas. And yeah I've eaten kettle chips from a bag and never given it much thought because I fry stuff in a pot or a pan.

I do have a electric kettle (this):
20240511_220007.jpg

Being a paid up member of a 'more tea vicar?' society I have a few kettles.
Three for normal use (an auto dispense, a large capacity and one in a room out in the garage that's never used) four travel kettles (that wasn't intended, just took a while to find a good one) and two bedroom kettles (one here and one in Spain).
So yer too many kettles 🤣

There are two I like the look of the others are just practical.

IMG_2779.jpeg

This one is a dinky version of the full size thing and I'm a sucker for mini sized stuff 🙄😆

IMG_2780.jpeg

and this one which I had to have just because I loved the pattern.

We've just been kettled!
View attachment 113464
I got one like that, but it is orange :)
I boil about 2.5 litre water in the morning while I sort out dog food and last night's dishes.
Then water boils and it's a cup of (aeropress) coffee and all hot water goes in a 2 litre thermos flask to be drunk during the day

My one and only cup of tea each day just gets my eyelids open and helps me to form a complete sentence. Or maybe two. The one cup of coffee after allows motor coordination for mobility and also helps with other movement, if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom