Eliminating Carbs

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
11:23 AM
I just wanted to share some information that my chiropractor gave me recently. My daughter was constantly getting colds. It seemed like every other week she was sick with a runny nose and an annoying cough. My chiropractor suggested eliminating the carbs (which we had eaten a lot of) and sticking with more vegetables and fruit.

We had already been fruit and veggie people, but did eat a lot of carbs in addition to it. We took his advice and we have been 6 weeks cold free now! I'm not sure if it's a coincidence because the season of colds is ending, or if eliminating the carbs really did help! I thought I would share to see if that helps anyone!

I do not see any correlation between eating carbs and getting sick. Carbs are a part of a balanced diet, I know it's popular to hate them but there really is no need for it. Maybe she was allergic to something that you were giving her before?

Never paid any special attention to my diet, never counted what and how much I eat, never even thought about eliminating carbs. Cold free for years...

Usually it is dairy that is the cause of coughs and colds because dairy can cause an increase in mucus build up which is the last thing you want when you have either a cough or a cold. I used to be very susceptible to that and when ever I have a cough, cold, throat or chest infection I would have to stay completely away from all dairy products. Now I just can't have them at all, so the problem is solved.

My best guess is that sticking with my fruit and veg has increased the vitamins and minerals in their diet and has made them healthier that way.

That is something I did not know. I have allergies and produce a lot of mucus at times. Now that I know about the carbs and mucus I will be more aware of what I eat.

i would be careful removing any food groups from a growing childs diet,i removed a lot of carbs from my diet only taking complex carbs to a minimum and ,i exercise a lot and started to get muscle wastage,saying that i rarely get colds and say that exercise boosts my immune system,balanced diet with fruit and veg and plenty of exercise

I cannot go on a Atkins or other LSD because I need some starch in the body to counter-balance the insulin from the pancreas. It is not making enough. :(

Back
Top Bottom