Entering a cooking reality show?

Ella

Veteran
Local time
1:40 PM
My friend's partner auditioned for USA Masterchef, and he is not a bad cook. However, I think they look for personalities that will get audiences talking and that may cause conflict. He didn't get through, but I'm sure most contestants have tried multiple times and know what they are looking for, more than cooking skills.

Would you enter? I'm vegetarian, so the challenges with meat and fish would be hard for me to do, though I would consider the Great British Bake Off, one day...

My friend's partner auditioned for USA Masterchef, and he is not a bad cook. However, I think they look for personalities that will get audiences talking and that may cause conflict. He didn't get through, but I'm sure most contestants have tried multiple times and know what they are looking for, more than cooking skills.

Would you enter? I'm vegetarian, so the challenges with meat and fish would be hard for me to do, though I would consider the Great British Bake Off, one day...

:):) That's so funny that someone would audition for a "Masterchef" show and not be a good cook. I think I need to come to America and see if I can get my own show. If personality is at less 80% I have a real shot and I could create some conflict if I am paid well enough.:)

All that wonderful stuff aside, I doubt I would audition for a show of that magnitude and that reach. I don't like when people watch me when I am cooking. I like my own space and privacy for the most part. I don't know I would make it pass the first round if so far. I'd much rather be a judge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom