Epazote

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:56 PM
Burt Blank mentioned epazote, which is a Mexican herb with a very distinctive taste.
can you post me some Epazote seeds ?

As it happens I bought an epazote plant last year. I think it was CraigC talking about this herb which prompted me to track it down. It was labelled as annual and after it died off last year I forgot about it. In the Spring I noticed a few shoots appearing from the woody stem and it is now most definitely growing again, although small.

Does anyone else use or grow epazote? And if so, how do you use it?

Does anyone else use or grow epazote? And if so, how do you use it?
Epazote is the famous Mexican anti flatulence herb that you add to bean dishes to stop farting. My wife grew it in the UK for that purpose. Mrs Blank claims it saved our marriage. One of my favs here. Croatian Army Beans

Last edited by a moderator:
so we don't grow it.
Have you ever visited here mate. It is an amazing place

Today, the Fruit & Spice Park is a 37-acre subtropical paradise nestled in the heart of the historic Redland community just 35 miles south of Miami. Surrounded by thousands of acres of tropical agriculture, the Park is a jewel in South Florida’s agricultural community attracting over 50,000 visitors a year to its gardens and festivals. More than 500 varieties of exotic fruits, herbs, spices and nuts from around the world; 180 varieties of mangos; 70 varieties of bamboo; 40 varieties of bananas; 15 varieties of jackfruit trees and numerous other exotic edibles are grown and maintained here.

The only public garden of its kind in the United States, the park is operated by the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department. Visitors can sample fallen fruit (no above-aground harvesting is permitted) and arrangements can be made with the management for collecting seeds and cuttings suitable for planting. A staff of experts conducts classes, workshops and botanical tours on a year-round basis.

What To Expect – Fruit & Spice Park

I've been to Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens. The last time I was there, it was totally "green" ground in front of the main building. The green being iguanas not grass. The state is asking people to kill iguanas because the population is out of control.

The state is asking people to kill iguanas because the population is out of control.
Are they good eating mate ? We had what the neighbors assured us were Cane Toads. I would rather lick Trumps forehead than a toad.

Are they good eating mate ? We had what the neighbors assured us were Cane Toads. I would rather lick Trumps forehead than a toad.

That is the accepted common name for them now, previously they were called marine toads. I've never eaten iguana. I guess if they were good, the population would not be out of control

Back
Top Bottom