Epiphany

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
11:10 AM
You all know that I struggle with baking. I have managed to produce a decent bread. Not as great as I would like it to be but edible.
The pizza challenge has made me grit my teeth. I was so tempted to buy dough from my favourite pizza joint. The owners would not give me a recipe for dough. They did tell me that they used bread flour to get a crisp dough. So troll the internet for bread flour pizza dough.
OMG I stumble across a recipe that headlines DO NOT USE CHLORINATED WATER. WHAT! That has been my problem. I have been using tap water. Chlorinated city water.
What a revelation.
I am now a happy camper. Looking forward to baking with yeast in non chlorinated water
YEAH!!

You all know that I struggle with baking. I have managed to produce a decent bread. Not as great as I would like it to be but edible.
The pizza challenge has made me grit my teeth. I was so tempted to buy dough from my favourite pizza joint. The owners would not give me a recipe for dough. They did tell me that they used bread flour to get a crisp dough. So troll the internet for bread flour pizza dough.
OMG I stumble across a recipe that headlines DO NOT USE CHLORINATED WATER. WHAT! That has been my problem. I have been using tap water. Chlorinated city water.
What a revelation.
I am now a happy camper. Looking forward to baking with yeast in non chlorinated water
YEAH!!

Here we get pizzas frozen for like $4 , not worth making it when it's that cheap. I just add extra bacon and toppings. Cheap as chips.

Russ

Here we get pizzas frozen for like $4 , not worth making it when it's that cheap. I just add extra bacon and toppings. Cheap as chips.

Russ

You can get pizza frozen here for even less - but they are nowhere near as good as home-made.

I stumble across a recipe that headlines DO NOT USE CHLORINATED WATER. WHAT! That has been my problem. I have been using tap water. Chlorinated city water.
What a revelation.

I've never come across this advice before - I use tap water and as far as I know all UK water is chlorinated but at very low levels. Anyway - if switching water has worked for you then stick to it!

What a revelation.
YEAH!!

I never knew that chlorinated water had an adverse effect on baking before!! :ohmy::headshake::stop:

Back
Top Bottom