Ethnic Cooking Category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termyn8or

Local time
5:55 PM
I went to propose this, as others have. Found a discussion about this very subject down there.

However something occurred to me. What is ethnic ? To me, like Indian food is ethnic, but India has more people then we, so just who is foreign ?

I thought I would open up the Polish cooking a bit, one thing I can do, not as a recipe but can do, the other will be a brought in recipe with credit given as well as the URL. (whatever the rules say)

Then think of Italian cooking forced onto such a reservation, how could that be fair ?

What is foreign ? Well lessee here. The US has a pretty good plot of land here, but then if you consider India part of the UK they got us beat and they say what is foreign.

Doesn't sound fair to me. (HAHA the loser ALWAYS says that LOL)

Then what ? A country has to [what] to not be foreign. Say if foreign by definition here does not restrict them, but instead allows them to post in the special forum. But not necessarily them living there, if they moved it still counts. I mean the old country...

I have strived to always reach an acceptable agreement to all parties concerned. I am considered a quite adept arbiter. The fact though is that finding a perfect solution is not likely. What's it going to be ? Like certain population ? Or if the country has a highway system ? GDP ?

For example, I want to know what they eat in Singapore. Them people are so clean they squeak when they drive cars. If you spit on the sidewalk you could go to jail. And the People there WANT that. "So your spit goes on my shoe and I track it in the house where my baby crawls ?".

What is fair ?

T

This has been discussed on this forum previously. This is an international forum so what you might consider ethnic, another member would consider as normal. So, it wouldn't be appropriate to label any cuisine as ethnic unless you label them all as ethnic.

Frank Zappa said it best:

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”

I don't think I'd consider India as part of the UK. They gained independence in the late-40's.

I think more along the lines of regional cooking as many countries have that.

Being from Canuckistan, I think we should deffinitely do whatever...

Mod.Comment: As medtran49 says above this is an international forum and what one member might consider ethnic another wouldn't. Its not an appropriate category to have here and is fraught with 'definition' issues.

Thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom