Ever got genuinely excited over kitchen equipment?

lucyarty

Veteran
Local time
1:48 PM
My husband bought me an apple slicer/corer one time. I looked at it and was like, "Pff, that's not very interesting" (pretending to be interested, of course). Then he showed me how to use it and I was like, "Ahh that is so clever, I want to slice every apple!!" My children now eat a lot of apple slices.
I feel like maybe I don't get out enough...! Someone reassure me that other people get excited about kitchen equipment too!

I get excited over new kitchen equipment all the time, and sometimes it's even the most simple piece ever. I think it goes along with my love of cooking and eating. I don't think it has anything to do with not getting out enough :)

This happens to me too! I've recently been absolutely delighted with my new saucepans. OK, they are only pans but I swear they help cook the food more thoroughly. Nothing sticks and they are a real breeze to wash. Don't feel like a nerd for enjoying your apple slicer, if it gets the kids eating more fruit then it is nothing short of a miracle in my book!

Back
Top Bottom