Ever tried cheese on a hotdog?

This as being my all time favorite from my high school years as I couldn't have enough hot dogs topped with cheese and hot pepper sauce. I also have a special love for corn on the cob with melted cheese; it just doesn't get any better than this.

I always add cheese to my hot dogs but you have to be careful when you eat them because the cheese gets very hot and can burn your lips or inside your mouth. I have had that happen and it is not much fun and very painful.

I also like chili dogs. Top your hot dog with some chili and then top it just cheese. Put it in the oven on broil just to melt the cheese a bit. They are so good that way. You can get pretty creative with a hot dog.

Funny you should ask because in my country the sell the cheese inside the hotdog which I thought was disgusting but now I think it's pretty revolutionary. The cheese gets soft when you cook it and it's so gooood. :)

There is a local fastfood here called Jollibee and my favorite order there is the so called Jolly hotdog. It is the hotdog in the bun with grated cheese and served with mustard and ketchup with some pickle relish. Coupled with fries, that was always what I order for the mid afternoon snack. One time I asked our office messenger to buy me a hotdog and when my colleagues heard of it, they all wanted the same. Now I know that it is a best seller in our office.

I know for awhile, Oscar Mayer sold hot dogs with cheese already in the middle. I'm not sure if they still do or not. I was never a fan of them. Occassionally, I will have a chili dog with cheese stacked on top. In fact, that is one of my son's favorite foods!

When I do hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough ( i prefer to use canned crescent dough), I sometimes make a slit in the hot dog and slide in a strip of American cheese. The cheese gets melty and it is so good,,, especially if you put chili over them. It is one of my grandson's favorite meals.

I don't really eat many hot dogs but I have had the dog with some cheese on it. I know people who like to add chilli and cheese to their dogs all the time. My stomach would call me all kinds of bad names if I tried that.

After the birth of my first son I craved a hot dog and sent my husband to Harvey's to get me one. My son was born on New Year's Eve so it cold, snowy and midnight. But he went and got me a cheesy hot dog and it had to be the best hot dog I'd ever had. It had cheese, onions, ketchup and relish on it.

I also tried a hot dog with cheese variant. The cheese here is not separate to the hot dog but it was inside the hot dog like a flavoring. I am not sure if they still sell it now but before, it was a hit with the kids. Personally though, I like original kind, the tender and juicy hot dog. I like to eat it as it is or sometimes, with the bun and ketchup as condiment. I also like the hot dog sandwich wherein they wrap the hot dog with bacon. Deadly but yummy.

Back
Top Bottom