Expecting a major snowstorm here

kgord

Veteran
Local time
12:19 PM
Gonna get a big time snow storm here...and it has been cold as of late too...as in quite...What are your tips for some good cold weather snow storm foods? I was thinking about making some mulled cider or wine...turkey soup...and chili.

Gonna get a big time snow storm here...and it has been cold as of late too...as in quite...What are your tips for some good cold weather snow storm foods? I was thinking about making some mulled cider or wine...turkey soup...and chili.
That all sound good! Chilli would definitely warm you up. I hope the storm isn't too bad, @kgord.

Anything warm...slow cooker meals are our-go to.

We had our first snow of the year just two days ago here in Tokyo! Even more exciting, it was unexpected...everyone woke up like whaaaaaat happened overnight?!?

We made French Dip sandwiches to have that snow day - they turned out really good!

I would recommend chili and any kind of soup. There is nothing more comforting in a warm bowl of chili on a cold, stormy day. I always like to have hot chocolate too to sip on through the cold evenings. Wishing you all the best and hoping that you don't get hit too hard. It is that time of year though when anything can be expected.

Yes, I do love soup...and one thing that is really delicious is peppermint schapps with hot chocolate. However, I don' t think schnapps are in the budget this time...sadly.

I only see snow storms on television so I can only imagine soup in every form being the go to food. Some hard liquor as well not that I have any experience in that area. Someone mentioned hot chocolate some of which I had this morning. Mind you the sun was already out when I had it so for me is not necessarily a cold weather drink. I wish I could send you some sunshine Kgord. I am usually on top of US news so don't know how I missed this? Hoping you are well.

Back
Top Bottom