Experimenting

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
6:13 PM
How much experimenting do you do in the kitchen, whether it is altering a recipe or coming up with something brand new and exciting? I really love to experiment and test out different food combinations but I have to be careful because food and ingredients can be very expensive.

How much experimenting do you do in the kitchen, whether it is altering a recipe or coming up with something brand new and exciting? I really love to experiment and test out different food combinations but I have to be careful because food and ingredients can be very expensive.

I do it a lot!
Especially if I run out of something, and a substitute ingredient is available. :wink:

i have ideas all the time for new dishes sweet and savoury and it some times takes a couple of attempts to get the dish right,try different flavour combinations,flavours and textures

I mostly experiment or cook a recipe for the first time when I'm due to have guests why do we put ourselves under this pressure? Are other cooks like me?

The recipes that my grandmother and mother had shared to me are my references for the first time I cooked as a wife. It really helps me a lot in my cooking. But with the passage of time I had innovated some of their recipes to make a twist of taste. And also sometimes I do experiment recipes if I had the right ingredients at home. It is just good to know that learning new recipes makes me to be more fulfilling in my passion for cooking.

Experimenting is key. That's how you learn anything, is it not? You do stuff, you screw it up, you learn from your mistakes, you screw up again (because you thought you got it right, but you didn't) and eventually you actually get it right. That's the beauty of the journey - not just with cooking, but with anything in llife.

i have ideas all the time for new dishes sweet and savoury and it some times takes a couple of attempts to get the dish right,try different flavour combinations,flavours and textures

Just about what I do all the time. Like the quest for vegetarian black pasta!

Back
Top Bottom