Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:48 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
We have a few extra like options now, including a dislike (angry) option. I'd like to know (sorry bad pun) if people want to keep them. I can disable them on an individual basis, or were you happy with just a straight like or nothing position that we had previously?

To clarify, hover over or click on the like button for this post and see what I mean.

likes.jpg

Not sure about the angry/dislike option. That could lead to some bad feelings, especially as tone can be hard to get across online. I like keeping things positive. :)

Not sure about the angry/dislike option. That could lead to some bad feelings, especially as tone can be hard to get across online. I like keeping things positive. :)
I have similar feelings hence me asking what the overall opinion is. I was always taught 'if you've nothing nice to say...'.
It's easy enough to kill the 2 negative ones.

I agree.

I'd probably lose the wow face and keep the sad face.....sometimes you want to commiserate with something someone has posted (eg. when something went wrong) and "liking" it isn't really appropriate so the sad face is quite useful to convey that. I post on another forum that uses the same software and I think it does help add nuance.

Personally I think the wow face is quite ambiguous...does it mean "wow that's amazing!", or "wow I can't believe you said that!"? Its more open to interpretation.

And I agree that the angry face is not appropriate to this forum though....we don't tend to get into discussions about controversial topics here (which I like!)

Loving the new look though :thumbsup:

I'd probably lose the wow face and keep the sad face.....sometimes you want to commiserate with something someone has posted (eg. when something went wrong) and "liking" it isn't really appropriate so the sad face is quite useful to convey that. I post on another forum that uses the same software and I think it does help add nuance.
thank you. I was actually in that area dealing with another issue, so have renamed Sad to Sad or Sorry to convey both options and taken WOW away.
It may take a few minutes or so to filter through.

Back
Top Bottom