Facts about Banana

They say that eating banana a day is good for your health. Everyday in the morning I eat one banana during breakfast and it makes me full and I know also that I got already my potassium need and this fruit always gives me the energy to start my day

I usually eat banana sometime in breakfast or lunch but not always, because the fruit is so big for me and I want small size only .

I didn't know that bananas have the property that prevents kidney cancer. I have kidney stones that keep coming back and maybe eating bananas can help my kidneys to fight off the formation of stones. As for eating between meals, my father used to tell us to bring a banana to school so when we get hungry before the recess, we can appease our hunger with a bite of that banana. But I don't remember biting a banana inside the classroom.

My mom and my dad are now limiting their consumption of banana as was advised by their doctors. It has something to do with their Potassium level. I thought we can eat it any time we want and we have no idea what Potassium does aside from the fact that it is good for the heart. Have you guys heard about the dark spots on the banana peel? one article said that they are better than the flawless ones.

I hope I have not posted here already. Navigating with my phone and some distractions. Anyway, I am glad there isn't any negativity about the bananas based on what I did see
I don't think I could have 10 or twenty but I would be good with three or four a day. The shell information is new. More facts to come?

These are great! The only thing I know about bananas were the potassium part I didn't know it was called a heavenly fruit. In any case now I have more reason to eat bananas. Cheers!

They say that eating banana a day is good for your health. Everyday in the morning I eat one banana during breakfast and it makes me full and I know also that I got already my potassium need and this fruit always gives me the energy to start my day
Yes, bananas are good for potassium however, they are quite high in sugar as well so if you have diabetic problems you are better off avoiding them. Most fruit is healthy. I knew an individual with high blood pressure many years ago who was advised to eat two bananas a day for the potassium aspects.

@kgord Yes it it true that bananas are quite high in sugar that is why if you are a diabetic eat the right measurement. My father is a diabetic but the doctor said he can eat banana but there is certain dietary measurement like in the other foods that he is eating. Everything should be in the right measurement but not totally avoiding it. But if you are a person who has not yet an ailment one banana a day is already okay to eat. Before when my mother blood pressure went high her potassium level totally went down that is why she was given potassium supplement until it returns back to normal. That is why as part of her maintenance for her blood pressure she eat a banana a day.

I love bananas too. They are sweet and tasty. Great in smoothies, with ice cream, on their own or with a caramel sauce. I like them perfectly yellow. Once they turn a little brown they are reserved for baking muffins or banana bread. I didn't realize how good bananas were for you. They are portable and great for packing in lunches. Although I think I need to invest in a banana keeper to keep them from getting damaged in the kids' lunch bags. Thanks for sharing all the health benefits.

Sweet, delicious and creamy bananas are a favorite food for everyone, irresistible and attractive for babies to adults.

Banana is also known as “heavenly fruit” because it contains many vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids and fiber. These include magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, vitamins A, B6, folic acid, vitamin C and many others. They have a high-energy, value thanks to fructose, which is easily assimilated during digestion.

Medical & Healing Benefits of Bananas

1 Bananas contain vitamin B6, which is a key element against stress.

2 Bananas are fruit rich in potassium and low sodium value, which is a perfect combination to combat high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke.

3 Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protect the eyes from macular degeneration and builds strong bones.

4 The high level of potassium in bananas helps you stay focused and encourage the work or learning.

5 They reduce the symptoms of PMS.

6 Bananas prevent anemia because of the high level of iron.

7 Eating bananas protected from possible muscle cramps during exercise or sleep at night.

8 They are rich in antioxidants, protect against free radicals and chronic diseases.

9 Eating bananas between meals helps to stabilize blood sugar level and reduces the disgust appearance.

10 The inside of the banana shell reduces itching and irritation caused by insect bites. The bananas shell is also good to treat warts.

More to come. Cheers

I knew of a few of these. I wasn't aware of the B6, which I always need, or the kidney cancer or macular degeneration benefits. I like that they protect against chronic diseases, because I have more than a few of those, and on top of that, bananas are a relatively inexpensive addition to our diet.

I picked up some bananas yesterday, and am thinking about making banana cranberry bread later. I haven't made a quick bread in several months, so I'm overdue, and am looking forward to having that with my tea.

I eat bananas often as they are some of the least expensive fruits. I also find them quick, portable and convenient. Many people enjoy the health and nutrition aspects of bananas, and like them in the morning with cereal, smoothies and oatmeals. They are really extremely versatile. Many people seem to like and benefit from bananas which are popular foods no matter how you use them.

Back
Top Bottom