Favorite Breakfast foods

Pass_the_Grub

Local time
7:09 PM
Hey guys! I love breakfast foods but I'm not that well versed in exactly how to make any of them. Namely pancakes/waffles, healthy smoothies, omelettes, and the like. Does anybody have a favorite recipe for anything breakfast related?

Members - if posting recipes in reply to this please start new thread in the relevant section (sub-forum) and leave a link here. :okay:

Rarely eat breakfast..but my fave 1-2X times a year is "Benny by the Sea" (a variation on Eggs Benedict)
1/2 toasted English muffin, a few thin slices of smoked salmon/Lox, thinly sliced red onion, poached egg, topped with Hollandaise sauce & a few capers tossed on. Served with home fries (ie: deep fried potato chunks).
Eaten regularly will ensure that one will soon be ready for the Sumo Dojo! :whistling:

Scrambled or fried egg on toast is my easy option. Or just egg with mushrooms.

Fried potatoes, egg, mushrooms and tomato for a treat.

If we have a hard days work ahead (as in physical work without a break) I do kippers, mushroom, tomatoes and toast.

Sunday is usually banana pancakes.

Bubble and squeak if we have leftovers.

Rarely eat breakfast..but my fave 1-2X times a year is "Benny by the Sea" (a variation on Eggs Benedict)
1/2 toasted English muffin, a few thin slices of smoked salmon/Lox, thinly sliced red onion, poached egg, topped with Hollandaise sauce & a few capers tossed on. Served with home fries (ie: deep fried potato chunks).
Eaten regularly will ensure that one will soon be ready for the Sumo Dojo! :whistling:

That's Eggs Royale. Although traditionally it wouldn't have capers or red onion.

The absolute iconic breakfast sandwich from New Jersey is a Taylor ham, egg, and cheese with ketchup, salt, and pepper on a hard roll.

It is made from a couple of dry fried slices of Taylor brand pork roll, fried egg (anywhere from sunny side up to broken yolk hard fried), and cheese on a kaiser roll ( A roll that has a slightly chewy crust, but soft interior).

I totally forgot why I make extra kartoffelklosse when I make sauerbraten. Sliced and pan fried with eggs, they are great for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom