Favorite Chinese Food?

chefjlin

Veteran
Local time
10:54 PM
I was wondering what everyone's favorite Chinese food is. I'll start. My current favorite is Sichuan dan dan noodles. The balance of spicy, sour, and saltiness is great!.

My favorite is a toss up between Cheung Fun which is a rice noodle roll with vegetables in it and Yi Mein, which is a stir fried noodle dish with vegetables and sauce. Sometimes they can be a little greasy, but that's part of the appeal!

My favorite Chinese Food is no doubt Vegetable Chow Mein and Sweet and Sour Shrimp with lots of pepper; i never get tired of having these dishes.

My favorite Chinese dish is Peking Duck. We have a small chinese background thats why we are quite accustom to chinese foods and dishes. There are lots of delicious chinese foods but the stand out was peking duck.It is even prepared and serve during China's Imperial era.

American Chinese food or authentic Chinese food? That kind of alters my choices. Authentic? Xiao Long Bao. Americanized? Egg rolls.

i adore dumplings and wontons,i head straight for China town when in London,prawn or meat not bothered

My favorite Chinese dish is Peking Duck. We have a small chinese background thats why we are quite accustom to chinese foods and dishes. There are lots of delicious chinese foods but the stand out was peking duck.It is even prepared and serve during China's Imperial era.

I thought Pekking duck was more of a Hong Kong thing? I remember when I went to HK with my family and it was literally one of the best things I've ever eaten. I don't know what kind of voodoo sauce they used on that skin but man it was good.

My favorite Chinese dish is simple, fried rice with shrimp. I love both rice and shrimp. There are other dishes I like but fried rice and shrimp is always my first.

I thought Pekking duck was more of a Hong Kong thing? I remember when I went to HK with my family and it was literally one of the best things I've ever eaten. I don't know what kind of voodoo sauce they used on that skin but man it was good.

Well, Hong Kong IS Chinese!

Most of the Chinese food we are accustomed to in the UK is Cantonese style - from Hong Kong, brought via immigrants in the 50's and 60's who came due to the British connection. Now we are gradually seeing more of other Chinese regional food, like Sichuan.

Well I can't remember the name but it is those deep fried battered chicken balls covered in orange sweet and sour sauce. Then anything with broccoli, like broccoli beef, etc. I haven't had Chinese in ages, where I live now there are not any decent ethnic restaurants. Although I'm sure most Chinese restaurants in the u.s. serve Americanized food!

Well I can't remember the name but it is those deep fried battered chicken balls covered in orange sweet and sour sauce. Then anything with broccoli, like broccoli beef, etc. I haven't had Chinese in ages, where I live now there are not any decent ethnic restaurants. Although I'm sure most Chinese restaurants in the u.s. serve Americanized food!

I think that would just be called Sweet and Sour Chicken!

The Chinese takeaway I used to use in York did a lovely Chicken and Cashew nut dish, that I always had. Not that I have a Chinese cook living in the Granny flat downstairs, I have lots of favourites - the crispy roast belly pork is one, and the duck on pineapple is another, but I love it all.

Well there is sweet and sour chicken, and then there are sweet and sour chicken balls. Sweet and sour chicken would already be gooey, covered in orange sauce. The things I'm taking about are perfectly shaped balls, and they are left dry and un-sauced, for you to dip or douse yourself. So maybe they are just called sweet and sour chicken balls? I don't know, either way it's making me want Chinese today!

Most of the Chinese Restaurants here in our place serves good foods. And my favorite Chinese foods from them are Sweet and Sour Pork, Braise Beef and their Steam Dumplings with Chili Sauce. Their Chow Pan Fried Rice and Wanton Noodles also taste delicious.

Could it be 'sweet & sour chicken'??? lol
sweet-and-sour-pork.jpg

Attachments

• sweet-and-sour-pork.jpg
    sweet-and-sour-pork.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom