Favorite Chocolate And Candy Brands

Jade

Veteran
Local time
2:57 AM
As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts here, I've only recently grown a sweet tooth and I'm having a lot of fun discovering chocolates and candies I've mostly just ignored before, even though I have still tasted a lot of them once or twice. So I'd like to hear some of your favorites as well and hopefully, it, or some variation of it will be available in my local grocery. I'll start. Of my recent discoveries, here are my top ones:

1) Lindt Lindor Chocolate Balls - creamy chocolate encased in hard milk chocolate

LindorCornet1_detail.png

2) Milky Way Midnight Dark - slightly bitter version of original Milky Way chocolate bar. The white part is kind of a mix of marshmallow and mousse texture and flavor with only a very subtle flavor which along with the dark chocolate, is a great contrast to the sweet caramel and is of a perfect ratio, in my opinion.
image-127297.jpg

3) Chocolate Potato Chips - I've never tried the Lay's version, but I assume it's similar to the brand I've tried, and I admit that I was a bit weirded out by this at first but I got over it when I tasted it.

BX_qDAfCUAAUAda.jpg

4) Ferrero Kinder Bueno Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Bars - This one is an old favorite and is a lot more common, I think. I always see these in convenience stores and airports, and I always pick one up when I do. The wafer exterior is very thin and crispy and the cream inside is like a more creamy version of icing. I think it's way better eaten cold.
kinder-bueno.jpg

5) Maltesers - Last one is a classic and like the Bueno, an old favorite. I've also loved these even before I gained a proper appreciation for sweets. The honeycomb center tastes like a butterscotch type of topping I sometimes see on cakes, but I forgot the proper term for them so I'd appreciate it if someone has the answer. :)

malteser.jpg

Anyway, that's my list. Hopefully we can find some new discoveries from each other's recommendations and I hope you guys found some in mine.

Back
Top Bottom