Favorite Christmas Movies

Agree with Die Hard and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. National Lampoons and Love Actually are probably my favourites.
"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" is our annual get-into-the-Christmas-mood movie; (FIL's "The little lights don't twinkle", the chainsaw and uncle Eddie's slightly tight polo neck are probably the funniest things). Other favs include "It's a Wonderful Life" (over and over and over and over again), "Elf" and "Love, Actually" - not least because of the wonderful soundtrack. And Colin Firth 😍. (Seconded, MypinchofItaly).
eddie.jpg
won.png
elf_.jpg
actu.jpg

Photo source____________________________Photo source____________________Photo source_______________________ ______________Photo source

"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" is our annual get-into-the-Christmas-mood movie; (FIL's "The little lights don't twinkle", the chainsaw and uncle Eddie's slightly tight polo neck are probably the funniest things). Other favs include "It's a Wonderful Life" (over and over and over and over again), "Elf" and "Love, Actually" - not least because of the wonderful soundtrack. And Colin Firth 😍.
View attachment 51441 View attachment 51443 View attachment 51444 View attachment 51445
Photo source____________________________Photo source____________________Photo source_______________________ ______________Photo source

Colin Firth is becoming popular in this thread 😍

That scene with Andrew Lincoln and Keira Knightley always melts my heart....

I also remember watching "A Christmas Without Snow," with Michael Learned (Waltons) and John Houseman. That was a good one.

There's also an '80's version of A Child's Christmas In Wales" that's very good.

Before Halltime divided the kingdom between them, the networks used to put out really thoughtful holiday movies. Some of the ones I mentioned above are those.

Original plots, good writing, solid performances, really quality stuff. I like those a lot and I go through every year and try to find a few to watch.

Another one I'm remembering: Carol For Another Christmas, Rod Serling's take on the Dickens classic. Brilliant.

Speaking of Serling, his TZ Christmas episode with Art Carney is wonderful. I think that's why I like Christmas Evil so much (the first movie I mentioned), because the lead character is a lot like Carney's...a sort of down-on-his-luck guy who just loves Christmas and gets a nice little reward at the end.

"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" is our annual get-into-the-Christmas-mood movie; (FIL's "The little lights don't twinkle", the chainsaw and uncle Eddie's slightly tight polo neck are probably the funniest things). Other favs include "It's a Wonderful Life" (over and over and over and over again), "Elf" and "Love, Actually" - not least because of the wonderful soundtrack. And Colin Firth 😍.
View attachment 51441 View attachment 51443 View attachment 51444 View attachment 51445

Colin Firth is becoming popular in this thread 😍

That scene with Keira
Yes, it means be good. Control yourself bella!

Naaaaa 😅

You wish it to be so! Real Englishmen are more like Bill Nighy!

😎

Back
Top Bottom