Favorite Cooking Shows

kevinkimers

Veteran
Local time
9:26 AM
I used to watch a lot of cooking shows because I love to learn new recipes. I stop watching them because I got to busy. I have not seen a cooking show in over five years and have no idea what shows are good to watch. Can you guys suggest some good cooking shows and what channel they are on? I love all kinds of food from around the world so it does not matter what they cook.

I really love watching any cooking show by Gordon Ramsey, though if you do check him out be sure to watch his British shows, not his American one !He has a series that you can watch on youtube called Gordon Ramsey's Ultimate Cookery Course. His British shows are very laid back, his American shows are really stressful and dramatized. I also love watching the Australian version of masterchef, though it's more of a competition than a cooking show per say.

Masterchef US, love it. I do reruns of it every season. I like Iron Chef also because the competition is very intense and it's fun looking at the chefs working with grace under pressure.

I still love to watch old episodes of Jacques and Julia Cooking at Home on PBS. I like the pace, and how it's not super flashy like some of the newer shows.

I do like cooking shows although of late I haven't really had too much time for them. I must say I love Come Dine, I find it really entertaining and informative as well... watching a couple of people cook for each other and rate each other's cooking is both fun and funny! Masterchef is also not a bad one,

Living in England there is very little by way of American cookery shows available, we have a version of Food Network which shows Diners, Drive-ins and Dives which gives the impression of American cuisine being predominantly brown, deep fried and lacking in vegtables, or The Barefood Contessa which is unimaginative and about 20 years out of date in style and ingrediants.

So I'm interested to know which US chefs I should be trying to track down to get an idea of where US cuisine really is.

Back
Top Bottom