Favorite food to eat during Cold Weather?

Diana

Veteran
Local time
8:56 PM
When cold weather comes around something about that makes me eat certain foods to make me relax and enjoy the chilly weather. There's nothing like being snuggled up on the couch and eating something warm to get you through the cold temperatures.

My favorite food would have to be some warm Chili that's always been something that I just love making during the cold weather.

Sometimes I do the exact opposite, and make summer dishes during the winter just for fun - such as BBQ chicken, coleslaw, grilled kebabs, etc...I've been thinking about going all out and throwing a "summer" party in the middle of winter one of these days and inviting some of my friends over with the pre-requisite that they have to dress in shorts and summer attire (they can change into them once they get to my place). It would preferably be on one of the coldest days of the season, and I would crank my heat up really high so it felt like summer - maybe make some margaritas & daquiris and do an indoor BBQ of sorts.

I'm not the biggest soup fan (which is what my family loves the most when it's cold), so when it's cold I usually prefer a good pasta dish, or even just a burger! I also love a fish dish or stew. All of those are great! Now for a snack when it's cold, to me there's nothing better than warm cookies and hot chocolate with hazelnut!!

Oh there are some Indian food items I love.

1. Tea
2. Hot vada pav (Indian Burger)

Of course, any thing spicy and hot can replace the vada pav. This is my favorite not only for the winter but also for rainy seasons.

Anything warm, basically. I like soups, and I make a lot more of them during winter than any other season. Casseroles are big as well. My favorite meal during winter would probably be a homemade chicken noodle soup in the crockpot.

My favorite food on a cold day is a warm bowl of chicken soup. The heat and saltiness always go down easy. Plus, chicken soup is easy to cook homemade or out of a can.

chicken%252520soup%255B1%255D.jpg

A hot vegetarian curry and garlic naan from my local Indian restaurant. If I'm at home then leek and potato soup and chilli corn bread, or mashed potatoes served with roast vegetables and vegetarian sausages are go to comfort meals in the winter months.

Definitely chilli with fresh warm crusty bread. I'm also a weirdo that loves to eat ice cream when it's cold!

My favorite food to eat during the cold weather is seaweed soup together eating Kimchi with hot chili pepper. It makes me feel warm and sweat.. Love this food! :)

During cold weather, one of my favorite things to make and eat is homemade chili. On a cold day, I love to make a big pot of chili in my slow cooker and let it cook all day. I enjoy making it homemade, because I can add all the ingredients that I know I like and my family loves. I also like to make warm corn bread to go with it. The cornbread bakes in the oven, while the oven heats up the house. Then the warm chili and warm cornbread keeps me warm and my tummy full. :)

Definitely chilli with fresh warm crusty bread. I'm also a weirdo that loves to eat ice cream when it's cold!
Yeah I actually happen to do the same thing also when its cold as much as I love Chili I have had ice cream when its cold and I actually seem to enjoy it even more when its cold outside than hot.

During cold weather, one of my favorite things to make and eat is homemade chili. On a cold day, I love to make a big pot of chili in my slow cooker and let it cook all day. I enjoy making it homemade, because I can add all the ingredients that I know I like and my family loves. I also like to make warm corn bread to go with it. The cornbread bakes in the oven, while the oven heats up the house. Then the warm chili and warm cornbread keeps me warm and my tummy full. :)
Yes Homemade chili is the best because like you said you can add any ingredient you want which makes it more tastier. I have also had chili with corn bread and yes that is definitely the best thing you can eat with chili to make it complete. I couldn't agree more about making these things at home and making the house warmer while its in the oven and the aroma fills the house.

Sometimes I do the exact opposite, and make summer dishes during the winter just for fun - such as BBQ chicken, coleslaw, grilled kebabs, etc...I've been thinking about going all out and throwing a "summer" party in the middle of winter one of these days and inviting some of my friends over with the pre-requisite that they have to dress in shorts and summer attire (they can change into them once they get to my place). It would preferably be on one of the coldest days of the season, and I would crank my heat up really high so it felt like summer - maybe make some margaritas & daquiris and do an indoor BBQ of sorts.
That actually sounds interesting and like fun. Definitely would be worth trying at least once and heck if its that much fun then why not keep it going every now and then while its cold.

My favorite cold weather dish is sweet potato bisque. Chicken tortilla soup was a favorite before I gave up chicken, but I can eat it no matter what the weather is like.

@Diana: I love eating frozen dessert in the winter time too. I can no longer eat ice cream. Also, I live in Southern California and it really doesn't get that cold here.

Back
Top Bottom