Favorite Go-To Appetizer

sillylucy

Veteran
Local time
4:02 PM
We all have our favorite dishes we are known for, but do you guys have a signature appetizer? Mine would be artichoke and spinach dip with warm tortilla chips. My best friend's is turkey meatballs. I like something quick and easy to display while I am busy in the kitchen.

Mine is also meatballs, mostly because they are cheap and easy. I empty a couple bags of frozen grocery store meatballs into the crockpot and mix with ketchup, mustard, and some brown sugar, then just let them slow cook for a few hours. I bring the entire thing to the party. They are almost always the first dish to go empty.

Clean up is a cinch too, especially if you use a crock pot liner.

Mmm, those meatballs sound delicious. I think I will actually try them some time, they sound super easy to make. I think my favourite appetizer is prawn toast and dim sum. I'm a crazy big fan of chinese food and I'm actually getting a lot better at making prawn toast now so I make it quite often. It's so tasty and easy to make.

Mmm, those meatballs sound delicious. I think I will actually try them some time, they sound super easy to make. I think my favourite appetizer is prawn toast and dim sum. I'm a crazy big fan of chinese food and I'm actually getting a lot better at making prawn toast now so I make it quite often. It's so tasty and easy to make.

What is prawn toast? It sounds so interesting. I want to try it out soon. I am in love with the crock pot liner idea. Such a good idea. Never thought to use that for my huge parties.

I tend to thread cherry tomatoes, olives and small squares of cheese on cocktail sticks, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika. It's a quick, tasty appetiser, and it doesn't fill people up too much before a meal. It's also a healthy option for people watching their weight.

Lately I've been making garlic & herb baked buffalo wings. I really liked the McCormick seasoning packet version so I made a homemade version of it myself - not really saving a whole lot, in fact it costs me more overall, but there are some fillers and other stuff in the McCormick one that I don't care for.

If I am in more of a hurry but still want something with a little wow factor, I can throw together a rather nice looking antipasto tray with just a few ingredients from the store. The presentation makes it look a lot more expensive than it really is.

I love a good salmon or shrimp paste. It's not complicated to make and the only thing you need is bread and the paste and you're good to go. Both are delicious appetizers and a bit different from the usual.

I like to make spinach dip and serve it with hawaiin bread. It is very delicious and easy to make! I also like to serve fruit or veggie trays. I know those are very generic, but I always like to offer them. They are easy finger foods, and always delicious!

Mine would be a spinach and philedelphia cream cheese mini phyllo wrap. I steam the spinach and wrap it with some cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, it tastes really good. Whenever I host something this appetizer is definitely on the must-haves. It's great to see my guests expecting this every time. My mom likes to prepare this cultural appetizer, we call Bara (made with flour, baking powder, salt, and turmeric you can add some pepper as well), it tastes great with a tamarind sauce!

In my family it's very common to serve as appetizers olives, cheese, salami and nuts (like seasoned almonds, peanuts and cashews). That is usually served with crackers and some dips.

Yes and it's so freaking easy! It's a layered dip that sounds kind of odd but it's delicious and it's always a really big hit. I use a glass pie type dish. First I use an entire can of refried beans and just make sure all the glass is covered and try to get it as even as possible. Then I layer on top an entire packet of cream cheese. Then I put an entire jar of salsa on top of that. And then on top of the salsa I sprinkle a ton of shredded cheese. Pop in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese is all melted and bubbly and yummmm. Then I serve it hot with tortilla chips!

Turkey ranch pinwheels. Bought some at the store I worked at one day and thought they were AMAZING. So I made some on my own from then on. Ingredients are pretty cheap and it's easy to make.

Back
Top Bottom