Favorite Movies

Breakfast is going to be busy today and I'll have to wait til my housemates wake, because I'll need to crank on the blender a couple times to make Breakfast. JAS_OH1 has pointed out that members who have been judges in the past have posted recipes with challenge ingredients, but did not apply them to the challenge. OK, I will post a few and it starts with today's Breakfast which will be a Banana Pistachio Pancake recipe. Don't you just love these 'Never Done That Before Recipes'? You never know how they will turn out.

So, while I am drinking my Coffee and waiting for the women to wake up and dogs to start yapping, I will be watching "Future World."

And later on, I have picked an old favorite, "Logan's Run."

The late night delight will be "Missouri Breaks" with Jack Nicholson.
You must have an amazing attention span! ;-)

Breakfast was a chore yesterday, but the Pancakes were delicious. Today, back to normal, Oats and Coffee again.

The Breakfast movie will be "The Outlaw Josey Wales" with Clint Eastwood.

Later, while I work on Pistachio Cream Scalloped Potatoes, I'll be watching "The Return of a Man Called Horse."

The late nighter will be a fantastic WWII movie, "A Bridge Too Far."

"Live and Let Die" finished downloading. I'm closely following the lists of flyinglentris
I already have The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Searching for a good torrent of "In Burges" a film I watched long ago but want to watch again.

"Live and Let Die" finished downloading. I'm closely following the lists of flyinglentris
I already have The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Searching for a good torrent of "In Burges" a film I watched long ago but want to watch again.

I remember "In Burges." I liked that movie, but don't have it. I've just added it to my want list.

I just ordered "In Burges", along with "Sea of Sand" and "Angry Red Planet." Up till now, I haven't had any of these.

I remember "In Burges." I liked that movie, but don't have it. I've just added it to my want list.
American Hustle, Thank You for Smoking, The Constant Gardener, and Talk to Me are some other good films I have watched. I'm sure you have watched some of them. Or all of them.

American Hustle, Thank You for Smoking, The Constant Gardener, and Talk to Me are some other good films I have watched. I'm sure you have watched some of them. Or all of them.

I have only watched "The Constant Gardener." The others I will google and see what they are all about.

The Fault in our Stars. Beautiful movie

I just received this movie today and am currently watching it. I'll give a critique later.

It reminds me of a couple movies I like, "Soul Surfer" a true event movie about a girl surfer who gets her arm bit off by a shark and recoups to pursue her love of championship surfing, and another true event movie, "We Bought a Zoo" about a man and his two kids, who after losing his wife, goes looking for a new home for his kids and winds up buying a zoo, where he meets a new romantic magnet and saves the zoo which was in danger of being closed down and out.

About Clint Eastwood - I never got into his early movies. He was to much of a "type cast" actor. His later movies - the ones he produced, directed and stared in, are another story. Start with The Bridges of Madison County. Beautiful. I wish he had cast someone less known than Meryl Streep. She is a very good actress, she was just too much Meryl Streep for the part. I loved Gran Torino and cried over Million Dollar Baby.
Last night I watched Australia on ROKU. I am watching Little Women. An unusual role for Susan Sarandon.
I love having my ROKU TV with Amazon Prime..
A couple of nights ago GI Jane was on cable TV. Shock me. G had never seen it. A week ago Steel Magnolias was on cable. Another movie that G had not seen before. He enjoyed both. Laughed his a$$ off and wiped tears from his eyes,
He asked me "Why have I never seen these movies before?" ME: Because all you watch is hunting and fishing shows. DUHHH!.
My TV in the kitchen is a ROKU with Prime. G's big screen in the den is not a smart TV so he only gets cable (fiber) channels. I have been trying to convince him to get a ROKU TV for the den. We could actually watch movies together.

The movie "The Fault in Our Stars" passed the test of jerking a tear from my empathic soul. But I found some other movies a bit more poignant. I mentioned two of them in the previous post, "Soul Surfer" and "We Bought a Zoo."

I have empathy like a sort of disease. I can watch somebody jump down to the ground from a height and my feet will hurt - and I do mean hurt. Jerking a tear or two out of my empathic soul can be somewhat easy for some movies. And the same holds true for real life situations. I really do feel for people.

Still, I like those movies that bring on an empathic response. They let me know that being alive is a mix of biological machine-like response and this, imposed upon the spiritual presence held within the biological framework form mind and body. I am allowed to perceive that the spiritual side of my existence can be damnably dominated by the biological framework which houses it. And I understand why so many people are so utterly lost without recognizing their spiritual presence, especially those who taint their minds on a regular basis with intoxicants. They gain first hand experience with recognizing how their inner perceptions are distorted and manipulated, yet have no respect to be free of those manipulations. Each to their own.

So I like "The Fault in Our Stars." It's OK.

BTW: I have had cancer and had it burned and cut out of me. And I have not had any recurrences in over 3 or 4 years.

He asked me "Why have I never seen these movies before?"
There are quite a lot of mainstream, popular movies (and TV shows) I've never seen. Movie people are sometimes aghast to learn I've never seen.

I haven't seen E.T. or Raiders Of The Lost Ark. I hated the first (meaning 1977) Star Wars movie so much that I begged off seeing any more until just recently.

I've never seen Top Gun. Most Clint Eastwood movies I haven't seen. Terms Of Endearment/Steel Magnolias, I haven't seen. I list them together because I can't tell one from the other.

I saw Jaws, The Godfather, and Alien for the first time only in the last five years. I've never seen Scarface.

I've never seen Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, or Die Hard, nor have I seen Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

There are a lot of other ones. As far as TV goes...I've never seen a single episode of Friends, Law And Order, Hill Street Blues, or St. Elsewhere

There are quite a lot of
About 15 years ago there were DVD shops everywhere in Sri Lanka. I used to buy them. They were printed in Malaysia.
And then there was a video membership of the British Council. My workplace had the membership but nobody used it and therefore it was like my personal membership. BC had originals and it was a huge collection. Those days I would watch a film or two every day.
Now I download torrents.
TV shows, I've watched Two and a Half Men, Two Broke Girls, and the Big Bang Theory. Currently watching Young Sheldon and Bob Hearts Abishola.
I am also a fan of The Grand Tour.
Used to watch Masterchef Australia but as it has started getting more "political" I don't think I would watch the next seasons.

Watched Live and Let Die. The only thing is that the fights are very unrealistic. One is standing still until the other one kicks him. lol.
Current Bond films have evolved a long way past that film I believe.

You must have an amazing attention span! ;-)

Yes. I am by nature, an analytic - a multi-tasking analytic. Thankfully, the gearbox on my shoulders is still in good working order.

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom