Favorite Movies

It's another day vertical. I did my appointment with my primary care (by phone). The blood lab showed that despite all the creative desserts I made in the past couple recipe challenges, all the dried fruit, etc., my blood sugar levels show up as 'well managed'. Overall, I got a pass to go on doing what I have been doing, cooking for myself.

I will try to do eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning, with my coffee, of course.

The breakfast movie will be "Platoon."

The mid-day move will be "Short Circuit."

The late night movie I picked is "Star Trek IV, The Voyage Home."

I prefer widescreen because artistically, the director of movies, the editors and other staff created the movies that way - and the TV square aspect ratio clips things, sometimes important things from the scenes in the movie.

And you put it right. For those films created with the square aspect ratio, they still show OK in WS.
There's a TV channel here named ITN. Run by the state.
When they show films on TV it doesn't matter what ratio it is. They stretch it to fit the screen, horizontally or vertically. So normally the people in a wide screen film look thin and tall as trees or walking pencils, and people in regular ratio films look like short fat ducks, or barrels.

Watched "Finding Ohana" as it has been called adventure, family, treasure hunting etc.. But there's no story. The story is the combination of its genres only. I think a middle school kid could've created a better film.

Good morning CB members and lurkers.

With my usual breakfast of oats and coffee, I will be watching "Top Gun."

The mid-day movie I picked is an interesting comedy fantasy "Batteries Not Included."

And the late night movie will be "Empire of The Sun" which I think is one great Spielberg movie.

Good morning folks. NASA's Perseverance Rover has successfully landed on Mars and will hunt for signs of life and other scientific revelations. Great news to brighten a day where many people are suffering severe Winter weather.

With my oats and coffee breakfast this morning, I will be watching "Evil Dead 2."

For the mid-day movie, I have picked "Full Metal Jacket."

And for the late night movie, I will watch another Viet Nam conflict movie, the 1988 version of "Hamburger Hill."

Good morning CB members and lurkers.

With my usual breakfast of oats and coffee, I will be watching "Top Gun."

The mid-day movie I picked is an interesting comedy fantasy "Batteries Not Included."

And the late night movie will be "Empire of The Sun" which I think is one great Spielberg movie.

Empire of the Sun is a great Spielberg’s movie. It makes me cry each time, very touching

In my 2 day holiday I watched The Gods Must Be Crazy 1 and 2, and Apollo 11, all three are enjoyable but Apollo 11 is just extraordinary, it left me speechless and moved me to tears.

In my 2 day holiday work piled up like I was away for 2 weeks so no more movies now lol

This afternoon they will broadcast on TV the movie “Evil under the sun” based on Agatha Christie’s novel. It’s just the perfect afternoon to me being a huge fan of A.G.
I also love all the cast from Peter Ustinov to Maggie Smith (one of my fave actresses)

The more I watch that movie, the more I like it. And Maggie Smith, oh dear, she is just fantastic.

Good morning.

I think I will try and do eggs this morning with my coffee.

The breakfast movie I have chosen is "James Bond, 007, The Living Daylights."

For the mid-day movie while I work on a Manicotti creation, I will watch "The Last Emperor."

"Lethal Weapon" with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover will be the late nighter.

I start today, not quite knowing what I'll be preparing for a meal later. Breakfast is simple, just the usual oats and coffee with the morning movie "The Lighthorsemen." Australia will be there, mates.

The midday movie is one of my favorite vampire movies "Near Dark."

And for the late night movie, I have chosen 1987 Norwegian film "Pathfinder." It is with English subtitles. I really like this film.

I think I mentioned earlier (maybe not) that MrsT decided to watch all the MCU movies in release order, as they're all arranged for easy viewing on Disney+. We watch two each weekend, and we're nearly through Phase Two.

I am not enjoying this. A big part of all these superhero action movies is the action, and it's plain that whomever is choreographing all the fight scenes and car chases and shoot-em-ups...well, it's either the same people working it out or they all went to the same school of fake movie fighting, because they all contain the same moves. You've seen one, you may as well fast-forward through the others.

There will be the pose with one knee down, the other bent, one fist on the ground, the other extended up and back. Then there will be the slide, where Our Hero escapes a punishing amount of debris thrown at them by sliding underneath it, usually between the villain's legs, for good measure.

Then there's the old run-up-the-wall-backflip maneuver, and doing a cartwheel over someone, grabbing their head with the thighs, and spinning them down to the ground. Cartwheels...so many cartwheels, made all the better if enhanced by firing pistols/lasers indiscriminately from both hands.

I guess that's why these movies seem to come out once every couple of years, because watching them back-to-back...gawd, they're tedious. 😑

Try the Sin City movies that I had suggested earlier. They are a whole different dimension and are not based on Marvel Comics. They are Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez movies, if that gives you a clue.

Try the Sin City movies that I had suggested earlier. They are a whole different dimension and are not based on Marvel Comics. They are Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez movies, if that gives you a clue.

I liked a lot Sin City movies - I like almost all by Tarantino. The movie I didn’t like very much has been the Hateful Eight. Surely a good movie yet I haven’t enjoyed it as I would.

I've seen one, not for me. I haven't seen a single thing by Tarantino that I've liked, except for Jackie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom