Favorite Movies

Good Sunny Dog, everyone. Breakfast for me is the usual oats, banana and coffee. I had a rough go at sleep last night, aching like crazy in my legs. Sh_t happens. Anyway, no will to fry eggs and bacon.

The breakfast movie for today is "Gangs of New York."

The mid-day movie will be "Ghost Ship."

The late night movie will be "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets."

Good moon dog, people. It's 02:07 am here in sunny California and the old codger is out of bed and brewing coffee. I think I'll try French toast this morning as a breakfast alternate, and later, a mango smoothie.

The breakfast movie today will be "Hart's War."

The mid-day movie will be "James Bond, 007, Die Another Day."

The late night movie will be "K19, The Widowmaker."

Have a great tooth dog, peoples. I am up and brewing my coffee at 03:25 am and looking forward to the day.

I received the DVD/BluRay movies "Babette's Feast" and "Ratatouille" yesterday, so the breakfast movie this morning is "Babette's Feast."

The mid-day movie will be "Ratatouille."

And for the late night movie, I have picked "The Lord of The Rings, The Two Towers."

I'm not working on any quinoa recipe today and will instead, do some tuna salad sandwiches.

Here's a critique on the movie "Babette's Feast." The flick is a good one with a plot that at first, seems to make a slow take off. But that's because it works to establish a strong feeling of austerity for two of its main characters, two sisters, who live in a Lutheran sect society. One food recipe they cook is called 'Ale Bread' which soaks bread in water and cooks it in Ale. No spices or milk. How austere do you want it?

The plot is a connect the dots linkage between various characters in the flick that lead ultimately to Babette and reveal something important about her, especially, in the throws of her meal presentation to the folks of the Lutheran sect that took her in.

It is a unique movie and it is understandable why it won an Oscar for best foreign language film in 1987. It features Danish and French language with English subtitles. It also achieved mention at the Cannes Film Festival that year.

As a cook's movie, I highly recommend it for members of CB.

Here's my critique on "Ratatouille." This is a Disney PIXAR animation, targeted perhaps, at kids, even the 60s+ kids like me.

I find it a great movie for cooks as its theme is "Anybody can Cook." The main chef, the best in France, suffers a downgrade in ratings from 5-star to 4-star and commits suicide, or shall we say sewer-side, leaving his restaurant up for grabs. A rat with keen cooking wit wanders to the restaurant and winds up helping the chef's inept son cook great food, disturbing certain egos at play.

Like all Disney animations, it is well done and fun. I won't put out more about the plot as others ought to experience it without being so primed. It is a good flick. I find it laced with some new cliche's which you might pick up on and re-use.

My DVD/BluRay/Digital Video package includes 3 bonus features, 2 short animations and a documentary which features the topic of what makes an artist in both cooking and animation. The documentary features the founder of the French Laundry restaurant in Napa, California with video inside the French Laundry kitchen, - very revealing.

It's Wet Dog (Wednesday). I'm up early, 01:04am, as I type. Breakfast will be a return to oats, banana and coffee.

The breakfast movie will be a scifi movie, "Minority Report", with Tom Cruise.

The mid-day movie will be a dinosaur documentary, "The Mystery of The Jurassic", which addresses dinosaur finds in South America which helped to define the causal roots of the expansion of dinosaur diversity in the mid-Jurassic, a period that until the South American finds, was not well represented in the fossil record.

I will watch a second mid-day movie, another dinosaur documentary, "Prehistoric Planet", which is a group of smaller short episodes.

The late night movie will be "Reign of Fire."

Wee-oh! Yesterday was fun with that Salmon Quinoa Tourtiere that I prepared and ate. Today is going to be easy with a quick microwave meal planned. Breakfast is just oats, a banana and coffee.

The breakfast movie will be "Road to Perdition."

The mid-day move will be "The Scorpion King."

The late night movie I have scheduled is "Shark Attack 3 Megalodon."

Good morning. Here in California, we had a 6.0 earthquake last night, the other side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, just north of Lake Tahoe. I didn't feel a thing.

Oats and coffee for breakfast this morning is the best I can do as I am all out of bananas.

The breakfast movie will be "Star Wars II, Attack of The Clones."

The mid-day movie will be "The Sum of All Fears."

The late night movie will be the 2002 version of "The Time Machine."

Good morning. Here in California, we had a 6.0 earthquake last night, the other side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, just north of Lake Tahoe. I didn't feel a thing.

Oats and coffee for breakfast this morning is the best I can do as I am all out of bananas.

The breakfast movie will be "Star Wars II, Attack of The Clones."

The mid-day movie will be "The Sum of All Fears."

The late night movie will be the 2002 version of "The Time Machine."
That is very strong 6.0...lucky for you not to feel it.
We had thunder, and my kid and her friends over the phone went restless and wondered if it was an earthquake.

Lucky this time,was not.

That is very strong 6.0...lucky for you not to feel it.
We had thunder, and my kid and her friends over the phone went restless and wondered if it was an earthquake.

Lucky this time,was not.

The funny thing is that I like earthquakes. I wish I had felt it.

It's 12:18 am on Saturday. I'm up and can't get back to sleep. Coffee is brewing. Breakfast will be oats without a banana. I may make a black currant smoothie later.

The breakfast movie will be Mel Gibson in "We Were Soldiers."

The mid-day movie will be "Wind Talkers."

The late night movie will be "And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself."

Good morning dudes and dudesses. Coffee and oats are the breakfast thing again.

The breakfast movie will be "Gods and Generals." This a long movie. And I will be out this morning grocery shopping. So, I probably won't finish it, till I get back and get things put away.

The mid-day movie will be "Identity." For those who liked "Shutter Island", this movie is something they will appreciate.

The late night movie will be "Kill Bill, Volume 1." Ah, we've finally got around to this one.

Good morning. I slept like a brick last night and that is good. I'll be doing Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits with my coffee - and a banana for breakfast today.

The breakfast movie will be "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, The Cradle of Life."

The mid-day movie will be "The Last Samurai."

The late night movie will be "The Lord of The Rings, The Return of The King."

Back
Top Bottom