Favorite Omelettes

MissPotato

Veteran
Local time
4:58 AM
Website
sharemydadsays.wordpress.com
Omelettes are great, mostly because eggs are great (!) - you can choose whatever you want / need to put in them. For me, nothing beats a simple onion and bell pepper omelette. What are your favorite omelette ingredients?

quarter/6th or even 8th mushrooms and cook over a really hot heat with a touch of olive oil until they sweak and start to release their juices. Add some chopped onion (chunky chopped), garlic, fresh thyme & parsley and cook on a lower heat until the onions are cooked. Add the omlette mixture to the mushrooms & onions & cook.

That's one of my favourites. My other comes under the category of spanish omlette which my OH makes. He is much better at it that me but it contains onions, potatoes, mixed frozen beans (or just peas), fresh coriander & parsley, garlic and possibly a few others fresh herbs depending on what else is available.

I usually add some cheese and whatever meat I have in the fridge at the moment. I really love to have an omelette as breakfast.

I'm actually not a huge omelette person, I prefer my eggs sunny side up!, but if I am gonna eat one it better be loaded with veggies (especially onions, mushrooms and bell peppers!) and cheese and topped with fresh spicy salsa!

I love all type of omelettes, even the simplest that only include sliced or chopped onions.

However there is a series of Spanish omelettes that include a sausage called "chorizo" that are really tasty, specially when combined with onions and potatoes.

Only problem I have with omelettes is getting them cooking evenly :\

I love spinach in my omelettes. I just thaw some out and throw it in along with some Swiss or Cheddar, and some sauteed mushrooms - perhaps some diced ham too if I have it. Bulks up the omelette, but is super healthy. Spinach, Mozzarella, Feta and diced Tomato is another favorite.

Otherwise I will make a simple cheese omelette with Cheddar and Provolone, and perhaps some chives in the eggs for color and flavor.

Back
Top Bottom