Favorite salads!

Not quite the whole salad but a salad thing so I thought I'd chuck it in this thread.

I don't buy pre-made salad dressings in general apart from mayonnaise and salad cream but I thought I'd have a tiptoe back because it's been a lot of years and they might have improved.

Refined the search to vegan only dressing to avoid dairy and these were the four best reviewed contenders.

Chopped up a plain mixed salad and tasted away!

IMG_2589.jpeg

Here they are in winner winner chicken dinner order left to right.

Mary Berry's light salad dressing
Liked it, could make it myself cheaper but I would possibly buy it again and it's the only one of the four salad I wanted to finish.

Newmans Balsamic
It was alright. Wouldn't fuss if I was served it but wouldn't order it again. Essentially tastes like balsamic vinegar and oil so what's the point?

Newmans French acidic and boring, wouldn't buy it, wouldn't enjoy eating it if I'd been served it.

Newmans Italian
That can take a running jump 😂

I'm surprised by the outcome, the Mary Berry dressing is both vegan and 'light' so not something I'd expect much from.

The real test will be if I ever order it again!

Not quite the whole salad but a salad thing so I thought I'd chuck it in this thread.

I don't buy pre-made salad dressings in general apart from mayonnaise and salad cream but I thought I'd have a tiptoe back because it's been a lot of years and they might have improved.

Refined the search to vegan only dressing to avoid dairy and these were the four best reviewed contenders.

Chopped up a plain mixed salad and tasted away!

View attachment 112832

Here they are in winner winner chicken dinner order left to right.

Mary Berry's light salad dressing
Liked it, could make it myself cheaper but I would possibly buy it again and it's the only one of the four salad I wanted to finish.

Newmans Balsamic
It was alright. Wouldn't fuss if I was served it but wouldn't order it again. Essentially tastes like balsamic vinegar and oil so what's the point?

Newmans French acidic and boring, wouldn't buy it, wouldn't enjoy eating it if I'd been served it.

Newmans Italian
That can take a running jump 😂

I'm surprised by the outcome, the Mary Berry dressing is both vegan and 'light' so not something I'd expect much from.

The real test will be if I ever order it again!
If you are lucky enough to find "Niki's Greek Dressing", I would try it. I try to emulate that when I make my own Greek dressing. That stuff is so good, and when you dip some warm pita bread in it..... /drool So, so good.

Back
Top Bottom