Favorite type of bagel?

Sarah676

Veteran
Local time
5:15 AM
I'm a huge bagel fan and I usually have a bagel for breakfast every day. I love most kinds of bagels; everything bagels with strawberry jam or honey, wholewheat bagels with peanut butter, and buttered blueberry bagels are some of my favorites.

So to all you bagel fans out there: What are your favorite types of bagels and what do you like to have them with?

Everything bagel with jalapeno cream cheese! Or if it's from the local bagel shop, I like to get their jalapeno bagel with fresh guacamole covered in ren and green onions with lots of tobasco sauce. Lol I like spicy food!

I love blueberry bagels and any bagel with baked cheese in top.

Just give me a sesame seed bagel with cream cheese and I'll be good. I also really like grape jelly on it. I've been wanting to experiment with spreads though... been tempted to try a PB&J bagel or turning a bagel into a mini pizza.

I love jalapeno cheddar flavored bagels, which I first discovered at my local bagel shop. They make great lunch bagels as they have a nice savory kick of flavor. I'd normally order mine with felafel, hummus, red onion, lettuce and tomato.

My favorite bagel is blueberry. I like to toast it and then slather my bagel with butter. This combo is a winner.

blueberry.jpg

There is a whole café dedicated to bagels next door to the building I spend most of my days in at university, and I usually go there once a month (it's quite expensive). They do amazing bagels! I usually get a multi-seed bagel with salami, pesto, mozzarella and sundried tomato, but a few weeks ago I tried their chorizo, roast pepper and mozzarella bagel and that was delicious as well. I don't have the patience to try and recreate them at home though.

I like to eat sausage or steak, egg, and cheese with thousand island dressing on an onion or plain bagel, or cinnamon raisin bagel with honey nut cream cheese. I love bagels and have even made lots of different sandwiches with bagels.

I like to go to Panera bread and get an everything bagel, lightly toasted with low fat cream cheese. It is so delicious! I also like to get a multi-grain bagel, toasted with strawberry cream cheese spread on top. I usually keep blueberry bagels in the house. My husband really enjoys thems with a little bit of butter spread on top.
Bagels are delicious because they have such a large variety of flavors. Sometimes for the kids, we make bagel pizzas. We take plain bagels, or onion flavored bagels, spread them with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings. We then toast them in the oven. They are very good and the kids love them!

Talking about bagels make me so hungry! My favorite bagel is the regular one, the plain one. It's what they put inside that I love the most!!! my favorite kind of bagel is plain, with bacon, cheese and eggs. Second option is the plain with just some cream cheese. That tastes awesome too!!

I can't choose just one! I love spinach and herb, jalapeno and cheddar, everything bagel, asiago cheese bagel, and cinnamon and sugar bagel. My favorite cream cheeses are honey walnut, and chives.

The everything bagel, toasted and slathered with way more cream cheese than it should be!

Everything bagel with jalapeno cream cheese! Or if it's from the local bagel shop, I like to get their jalapeno bagel with fresh guacamole covered in ren and green onions with lots of tobasco sauce. Lol I like spicy food!

Oh man, that's one of the most delicious-sounding things I've read in a while. I envy you if you're living in a place that offers guacamole as a regular bagel topping. I love everything bagels and my local shop back home has an amazing honey-walnut cream cheese spread. I'm also from the northeastern US, where they know how to do bagels right. Nowhere else I've been has really lived up, sadly...

By far it is a sunflower seed bagel that I have only been able to find in one place. Its even better with some cream cheese and lox spread on it. Heavenly!

Sunflower seed bagels sound really good! I had one covered with pumpkin seeds once that was really lovely. I guess I just enjoy seed-covered bagels in general :wink:

Back
Top Bottom